Polaris dumps Victory - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polaris dumps Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    There were some really great dealers out there but they were few and far between. I have personal stories that would drop your jaw in disbelief---not to mention others that I read about. I have always been a "forum rat" and it did not take long for me to be more informed than the service manager at the local dealership and he had been doing it since 1999.

Some companies are known for customer service. I think Sears Roebuck set the gold standard decades ago. Some are known for very poor customer care---Polaris falls into that category and makes NO EXCUSES about it.
    I'm learning to be a forum rat...Before I left on this trip I managed to get my 2015 xmas gift home finally, a very nice bike lift. The GF and I are closing on a house next week with a considerablely nicer garage then my old one. My VTX may suffer for it, however to avoid stealership issues I intend on buildup my skills and will not have any excuses not to... My poor VTX will be my guiney pig before I delve to far into the B. Manual in hand, wifi run to the garage, forum opened up and away we go. Now if I can just find away to get all you tech assist type the beer to enjoy while questions are asked....

Victory Dealers

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Polaris is dumping Victory. What a shame. Such great engineering gone to waste by goofy management. Am glad I got rid of my Victory Vision; though sweet memories of it for a time - it was the most comfortable highway tourer/cruiser I have ever owned. Too bad the dealer service and warranty sucked on it though.

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/company...t-announcement
    I've heard countless complaints about Victory dealers, and the terrible warranty service. If they don't fix that, they won't develop much loyalty with their other brands, either.

As an owner of two old 1500 Valkyries I'm used to riding discontinued motorcycles. But thankfully these bikes share most mechanical parts with the 1500 Wings, so availability still isn't much of an issue even 14 years after Honda dropped the Valk. Since the F6B has nearly all parts in common with other GL1800s, it should fare even better.

Easy to Work On!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    I'm learning to be a forum rat...Before I left on this trip I managed to get my 2015 xmas gift home finally, a very nice bike lift. The GF and I are closing on a house next week with a considerablely nicer garage then my old one. My VTX may suffer for it, however to avoid stealership issues I intend on buildup my skills and will not have any excuses not to... My poor VTX will be my guiney pig before I delve to far into the B. Manual in hand, wifi run to the garage, forum opened up and away we go. Now if I can just find away to get all you tech assist type the beer to enjoy while questions are asked....
    The F6B is actually easy to work on. The hard part is getting to the parts than need the work!

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    The F6B is actually easy to work on. The hard part is getting to the parts than need the work!
    I'm a bit paranoid about it, me and small fasteners or plastic tend to have issues...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    +1

+2 I almost bought a new Victory Cross Country Magnum last fall,but I chose the F6B my instead.
    Thank goodness.
    A shame about Victory going away though.
    They are great bikes.
    2015 F6B Deluxe. SOLD!!!!
    Atmosphere Blue Metallic " the fastest color"
    High and low beam LED headlights
    Show chrome rectangle LED fog lights.
    Garmin Zumo gps.
    RAM level cup holder.
    Big Bike Parts belly pan.
    Show Chrome 2 way speakers.
    Klock Werks 16" flare dark tint windshield.
    Ultimate King Seat.
    Honda rear backrest rack.
    Honda cowl mount voltage gauge.
    Honda 12 volt cubby outlet.
    Show Chrome rear LED brake/tail light black chrome fender trim with reflectors.

The local dealer here sickens me. Putting a favorable "spin" on the 10 year future duration of Victory making parts and offering warranty; acting as if they're doing it on their own good will (they're not mentioning that is required by law). And not much reduction in the current sales price.

That is why they're called "stealerships"

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Yeah....I know a guy with a TRex and he doesn't run it anymore.
    I offer to take care of it for him, but he refuses my help but he knows I'm there for him.
    I truly hope someday he gets back into it because I know he really likes it.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Don't worry, Tony will get back into it someday, won't you Tony?

The local dealer here sickens me. Putting a favorable "spin" on the 10 year future duration of Victory making parts and offering warranty; acting as if they're doing it on their own good will (they're not mentioning that is required by law). And not much reduction in the current sales price.

Shameful. You can fool some of the people all of the time...
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Yeah....I know a guy with a TRex and he doesn't run it anymore.
    I offer to take care of it for him, but he refuses my help but he knows I'm there for him.
    I truly hope someday he gets back into it because I know he really likes it.
    Cheers,
    Steve

No other vehicle can replicate the experience, just unique.
    Because of not being used, I need to have the carbs cleaned again

Steve, I thank you for the offer however it's like sharing a girlfriend She's loyal and patiently awaits my return.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Don't worry, Tony will get back into it someday, won't you Tony?
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post

Yes, someday. Other priorities at hand at the moment.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

This is the "10 year myth". Here is a good article explaining.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ar-parts-myth/
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.