Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
Here is the exact quote: “He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Gee, you got me there. Guess I should get my facts straight.

Here's the rest of the facts in case you're interested:
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...aptured-120317
Trump is an interesting character. He forces me to look at events or situations from a different viewpoint.

Simply on the face of it: why does being captured automatically make you a hero? Being captured only helps your enemies. Same thing with NATO. We put the bulk of $$ into that organization, while other countries skate by with little financial contribution.

Trump looks at these Free Trade deals which aren't really free, and says we need to renegotiate them. 'Experts' say 'but...but...that's how we've always done trade negotiations.'

Trump ran a very unconventional campaign. All the experts said he wasn't serious. Chris Wallace toured his campaign headquarters and there was only like 1 or 2 people working. Wallace was flabbergasted and queried Trump about it. Trump said that he didnt like to waste money. He'd hire more when he needed to.

I'm looking forward to Trump's approach. He is a character unlike any President I've seen in my lifetime. But I'll voice my concerns (for what their worth) if Trump goes back on his word (on major stuff, I don't care about minutiae).