F6B crowd vs GWRRA Full Wing crowd
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F6B crowd vs GWRRA Full Wing crowd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

F6B crowd vs GWRRA Full Wing crowd

Total newbie here to all things Goldwing (been on non-Honda metric crusiers for last 10 yrs) but can some of you folks comment on the basic differences between these two crowds besides the GWRRA matching shirts? Attitudes, type of rides/rallys, other...
    Whatever.... Let's Ride.
    2013 Black F6B

IMHO our attitudes don't differ much.We love the feel of the flat six under us with dependability that is hard to match.I suspect many F6B owners choose that over the full dress Wing because of looks and lighter weight which equates to better handling.Lot of us ride alone with no passenger so we don't need a big trunk.Plus being a big guy the cockpit just fits me better overall-but if my wife still wanted to ride I would be on a full dress Wing in a heartbeat.Plus all F6B or Wing owners love the same thing "Ride to Eat".003.jpg

I think full Wing Riders like pin striping more than F6B people do. Plus I have not seen any of those cute His and Her custom painted names on a F6B yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Plus I have not seen any of those cute His and Her custom painted names on a F6B yet.
    We don't have that big trunk canvas to paint on-LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I think full Wing Riders like pin striping more than F6B people do. Plus I have not seen any of those cute His and Her custom painted names on a F6B yet.
    First thing I stripped off my recently acquired F6B was goofy pin-striping the previous owner put on.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    First thing I stripped off my recently acquired F6B was goofy pin-striping the previous owner put on.
    Hey Jim. I should have bought a snowmobile, but after watching the news, you should have bought a boat! Hows the flooding situation where you live? (sorry for hijacking the thread!)

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Hey Jim. I should have bought a snowmobile, but after watching the news, you should have bought a boat! Hows the flooding situation where you live? (sorry for hijacking the thread!)
    The flooding is on the North East end of town, out in a rural area... a rather flat place known as Soap Lake and Fraser Lake... you would think that people who build in that kind of place pay more attention to the word "Lake" but I guess the lake only forms every 10 years or so. Anyway, the news is certainly running away with it.

The main road that I commute to and from work (Fraser Lake Road) has been barricaded for a few days due to flooding across the road, so it has made the local highway (Hwy 25, a two lane joke to begin with) a morning and evening bumper-to-bumper crawl.

I can certainly feel for those who have been temporarily displaced, but the water is only a couple feet deep, it just covers hundreds of acres that are normally dry. It's not like it's sweeping homes off their foundations or anything. The sky's are clearing up for the next couple days, and waters should begin to recede. There's some cleanup to be done, but not from the kind of damage brought on by swift water. On the other hand, all the local reservoirs are flowing over their spillways... Coyote Lake, Anderson Dam, and Calero Reservoir. We haven't seen that in many years. San Luis Reservoir, over highway 152 is fuller than it's been in a decade. All of this is good news for our region, and for California in general.

Other than a revisit from an old leak over my living room ceiling... which I will be tending to tomorrow... I'm doing fine.
    Thanx for asking.

Jim

[I return you to your normally scheduled thread]

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Plus being a big guy the cockpit just fits me better overall.
    Plus all F6B or Wing owners love the same thing "Ride to Eat".
    Hmm, I'm thinking there's a correlation here.

Most of the F6B riders I know love the bike and try to keep it simple, sleek and fast...Many GW riders love to load the things with gobs of chrome, lights, whistles and bells, etc. etc.....Some don't and just keep it stock looking which is okay....The majority of the GW riders I know "ride to eat" as stated earlier and many ride two-up a lot...Several folks think GW riders are just "old folks", but in reality many are middle aged riders that love the comfort and ride of the fully loaded Wing.....I would ride if I took long trips, rode two-up, and was a little taller and younger....but my F6B works fine for me for now....Regards, and ride safe

The Older Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Most of the F6B riders I know love the bike and try to keep it simple, sleek and fast...Many GW riders love to load the things with gobs of chrome, lights, whistles and bells, etc. etc.....Some don't and just keep it stock looking which is okay....The majority of the GW riders I know "ride to eat" as stated earlier and many ride two-up a lot...Several folks think GW riders are just "old folks", but in reality many are middle aged riders that love the comfort and ride of the fully loaded Wing.....I would ride if I took long trips, rode two-up, and was a little taller and younger....but my F6B works fine for me for now....Regards, and ride safe
    I like Chrome! But not the amount some of those people hit their bikes with, suttle touches make it stand out without being way to much. I didn't like the black pipes on the 2015 so the dealer switch in a set off a new 2014 and I didn't like the big ugly frame welds so I put on a set of chrome frame covers, the next was the Chrome Rivco Aero Highway peg and two nice little chrome pieces for the front fender, the Kuryakyn Chrome cubby cup holder and got rid of that ugly kick stand for a nice chrome one from Value Accessories and at that point I am done, enough but not over the top.003.jpg