Insurance

Thread: Insurance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Sorry about the bad luck S, glad you are still here to tell about it. Wondering what others with multiple bikes have found. Is the F6B always so much higher?
    $450 year for full coverage on the B and a 2009 K1200LT. Was $800 with State Farm, even with the house and 3 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    $450 year for full coverage on the B and a 2009 K1200LT. Was $800 with State Farm, even with the house and 3 cars.
    What insurance company are you using??...Seems like a really cheap rate for two bikes in Illinois...Granted many variables are in each state and policy but I am next to you in Michigan with a clean driving record and no accidents have both cars and my house with StateFarm and pay $565 a year just for the bike..Don't dare tell what I have to pay for my 2011 Edge and 2017 Fusion as it is ridiculous!!! Over $3500 + a year, plus the homeowners on top of that....Most insurance company's "suck" as does State Farm......but at 77 years old and having been with them for over 35 years I guess I will just suck it up and bite the bullet!!!!...Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    What insurance company are you using??...Seems like a really cheap rate for two bikes in Illinois...Granted many variables are in each state and policy but I am next to you in Michigan with a clean driving record and no accidents have both cars and my house with StateFarm and pay $565 a year just for the bike..Don't dare tell what I have to pay for my 2011 Edge and 2017 Fusion as it is ridiculous!!! Over $3500 + a year, plus the homeowners on top of that....Most insurance company's "suck" as does State Farm......but at 77 years old and having been with them for over 35 years I guess I will just suck it up and bite the bullet!!!!...Ride safe
    Allstate

Check the prior thread about insurance and my recommendation. I live in a very populated city. 14 Interceptor and 13 F6B and I pay $480 for both. No medical on mine though. Progressive was outrageous. My credit is above average, 0 tickets or accidents.

I guess I was not clear in my original post. This not about insurance cost in your area but instead why does the F6B cost so much more than my other bikes. Yes newer and much nicer but not four times more. So anyway I guess it is what it is. Wonder how many you need to get fleet pricing.

I guess I was not clear in my original post. This not about insurance cost in your area but instead why does the F6B cost so much more than my other bikes. Yes newer and much nicer but not four times more. So anyway I guess it is what it is. Wonder how many you need to get fleet pricing.
    Did the insurance agent list it as a sport bike by chance?

This makes perfect sense to me. If you total your VTX or your Venture, the insurance company won't be shelling out $14-$16k to replace it. You'd be lucky to get $4k for the VTX, so, yes, the F6B replacement cost will be 3-4x that of the VTX.
    It's exactly the same economics as with insuring a car or truck. A brand new F150 will cost a helluva lot more to insure than a decade old F150. There's no surprise here.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"