Insurance - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance

You guys should count your blessings. Up here in Ontario, Canada I pay $1400 a year which is about $1058 USD and we can only ride 6 months of the year. That's using State Farm and with a perfect driving record.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    What insurance company are you using??...Seems like a really cheap rate for two bikes in Illinois...Granted many variables are in each state and policy but I am next to you in Michigan with a clean driving record and no accidents have both cars and my house with StateFarm and pay $565 a year just for the bike..Don't dare tell what I have to pay for my 2011 Edge and 2017 Fusion as it is ridiculous!!! Over $3500 + a year, plus the homeowners on top of that....Most insurance company's "suck" as does State Farm......but at 77 years old and having been with them for over 35 years I guess I will just suck it up and bite the bullet!!!!...Ride safe
    Allstate

Check the prior thread about insurance and my recommendation. I live in a very populated city. 14 Interceptor and 13 F6B and I pay $480 for both. No medical on mine though. Progressive was outrageous. My credit is above average, 0 tickets or accidents.

I guess I was not clear in my original post. This not about insurance cost in your area but instead why does the F6B cost so much more than my other bikes. Yes newer and much nicer but not four times more. So anyway I guess it is what it is. Wonder how many you need to get fleet pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
    You guys should count your blessings. Up here in Ontario, Canada I pay $1400 a year which is about $1058 USD and we can only ride 6 months of the year. That's using State Farm and with a perfect driving record.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I guess I was not clear in my original post. This not about insurance cost in your area but instead why does the F6B cost so much more than my other bikes. Yes newer and much nicer but not four times more. So anyway I guess it is what it is. Wonder how many you need to get fleet pricing.
    Did the insurance agent list it as a sport bike by chance?

Hey there ISLANDER1089

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
    Please check with a broker using AVIVA. TD quoted me $1598, Aviva came in at $1058. I live in the GTA. Get to pay top dollar. BTW they have my apartment and car also.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    This makes perfect sense to me. If you total your VTX or your Venture, the insurance company won't be shelling out $14-$16k to replace it. You'd be lucky to get $4k for the VTX, so, yes, the F6B replacement cost will be 3-4x that of the VTX.
    It's exactly the same economics as with insuring a car or truck. A brand new F150 will cost a helluva lot more to insure than a decade old F150. There's no surprise here.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"