I am sooooo sick of the "Biker image" - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I am sooooo sick of the "Biker image"

Not enough Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Who fits a non biker image more than this guy?
    Attachment 19369
    Not afraid to poke fun at myself
    On that flat silver beast your riding, you will never own up to the biker image without some chrome goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Just got the email from Indian and watched the video of their new Springfield model. Nice bike!

Now I know it is not a new thing, but I am sick and tired of every motorcycle video, commercial and mag ad all showing the same mid 30-40s guy wrapped in leather with the same flat black half helmet and they all have the "partial grey facial hair" and none of them ever smile. Can somebody please send them a bottle of Grecian Formula and a different style of sunglasses???. The non-smile part may have to do with the bike they are riding (insert sarcastic smirk HERE) I am aware that marketing means they are trying to sell "the image", but I have been riding since 1977, I have never wanted to look like that and I have owned Harleys and Victorys in addition to all of my Hondas. I do own black half helmets and a leather jacket, but geez fellas. ALL MOTORCYCLE RIDERS DO NOT LOOK ALIKE!!!!!
    They market to the folks they perceive have the moolah $$$ or the mid-life issues or both. But I definitely agree with you - we do not all look alike - my wife went to the leather shop to pick up some stuff I had altered and they told her "we would have NEVER guessed your hubby rode motorcycles".
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    On that flat silver beast your riding, you will never own up to the biker image without some chrome goodies.
    Sorry, not a chrome whore I LOVE the fact that I have less maintenance.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

All Motorcyclists - You got to love'em

I loved reading all the replies to this thread. Honestly, my wife and I feel the same way as the rest of you, but, motorcyclist are the existence of a variety of cultural or ethnic groups within a biker society. You got to love it. At almost 70 and having motorcycled since I was 10, I have seen a few bikers and rode with a few that weren't just right. Crazy as it is, it's a HOOT to ride or go to a rally and be so amused at the motorcycles and people that ride. It makes my hobby (if you will) so interesting and exciting. Circus maybe, but it's fun. Oh yes, I still love to hear the blip of the throttle of an old Shovelhead when it falls into it's slow lope. For years I used to tell folks that a Harley was like falling into love with a prostitute. She ain't no good, but you still love her.

My "pirate" friends were always jealous of the attention that I got at the biker hangouts when I rolled up on my Road King in my full face helmet and my blue Aerostich Roadcrafter. And I think that they were envious when I just patiently stood and waited for them to frantically get into their rain gear in a downpour. It was fun because the target of the teasing changed depending on conditions.

af

I had a friend a few years back who was heavy in to the Harley attire thing whenever he went riding.

I had a VTX the last time we rode together, and could throw on a pair of jeans and a yellow t-shirt and everything else in about 5 minutes. Ride to over to his house 5 minutes later and he WAS STILL putting on his Harley garb. Another 10 minutes before he was FINALLY ready to go riding.

He kept on trying to convince me to trade in my VTX and get a FLUTCH'N-EIEIO so I could have the "Harley Experience".

Sorry, I prefer using that time to ride and pick up young bitches on my F6B!

I make it a point to never wear a thing with a high viz corporate logos. Saving up for an X-14. Been thinking I might put a small Jap war flag sticker on the back just to be a dick.
    Government:. A legalized organized gang of thieves, writ large

Quote Originally Posted by NAHD View Post
    I make it a point to never wear a thing with a high viz corporate logos. Saving up for an X-14. Been thinking I might put a small Jap war flag sticker on the back just to be a dick.

One of these?

Attachment 24736

lol

I was lazy posting. Anyhow, someone mentioned the Beemer and Goldwing snobs with their fancy gear. I'm not a snob but I like the good stuff. I did think of that plane when I first tried on a Shoei X14. Here's a cool sticker I found http://m.ebay.com/itm/JAPAN-FLAG-FLA...%257Ciid%253A2
    Government:. A legalized organized gang of thieves, writ large

If you ever go "down" on a bike the fancy gear and suits etc. just may save your ass from a "huge case of road rash"...T-Shirts and old jeans don't help much, but sure are easy to put on and look "cool"!!! I ride at times with a friend who has a BMW R1200RT and he has the whole deal, full face Schubert helmet, ear plugs, full riding leathers, Sidi boots, leather gloves, and all..By the time he gets ready and dressed, I am halfway up the road.....But as they say, "Too each his own".....Ride safe