Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
I started the bike again today and the overflow tubes were not leaking when the bike was running. I took it for a test ride and it is running real strong. Once I sink the carbs and make a few adjustments to the idle it should be running great.

When I got back and put it away I saw gas on the ground. It may be only when the engine is off now like before I started. It is freezing today / yesterday was 68 degrees. So that will be all for today.

I will pick it back up again in a few days / hopefully it will be warmer then. I will pull the carbs again and do a little better job of cleaning. I plan to clean out the low speed jet with an e-string (I have one ready) / I will also polish the float valve seat and check the tubes for leaks to stop the pissing fuel out of the overflow tubes.

A few questions:

1. Do I just polish the seat? Do I do anything to the float valve rubber tip. When I lapped the valves on my lawn mower I put compound on the valve and spun it with the suction cup rod to match the valve to the seat.

2. Should the floats / float valve be springy once installed? I see videos with a different version where there is a spring in the assembly / I have a 81 CB750K which has no spring or adjustment as far as I can tell.

3. Where would you buy replacement O-ring clamps for tor the carburetor engine side boots. The ones I have don't seem to get tight enough and the carbs seem to slip out if moved a little. I see that Randak's has them but they are very expensive. I replaced the air box side boots / I ordered through Honda parts.

I am learning a lot along the way.

Thank you for your help. You guys are great!!!
Steve
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...FRGHswodxrsIiA