Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance

Insurance

Jeez this F6B is expensive to insure. My 03 VTX is $98 a year, my 05 Venture $151 and this 15 F6B is a whopping $391. I understand the Tupperware might be expensive to replace if it bumps into the ground or something but wow four times the VTX amount. Talking to my house insurance lady to see what might be done if anything. She says getting cars, bikes, the RV and the boat all together will give a discount for multiple policies. Currently I use Progressive mostly.

Well be happy your not paying 620.00 a year like I do out here in Nevada.I have 100,000/300,00 body and property liability and the same for uninsured underinsured coverage.Comprehensive and collision are both 500.00 deductiable.Plus I have a additional equipment coverage also with no cap.I am with American Family insurance as our two other vehicles and home are also with them.I checked around and most other quotes were right in this range for my area.Hard to compare prices cause it depends on age,driving record,and types of coverage to compare-plus credit reports come into play now to.

I'm comparing the same insurance Co, same driver, same location, same coverage just diff bikes.

My F6B is $408 per year. I also deal with Flo.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Jeez this F6B is expensive to insure. My 03 VTX is $98 a year, my 05 Venture $151 and this 15 F6B is a whopping $391. I understand the Tupperware might be expensive to replace if it bumps into the ground or something but wow four times the VTX amount. Talking to my house insurance lady to see what might be done if anything. She says getting cars, bikes, the RV and the boat all together will give a discount for multiple policies. Currently I use Progressive mostly.
    I'm hoping at renewal time in March mine stays the same as yours. I'm really hoping I don't get dropped let alone a large increase. They paided out around $13,000 when I totaled my 2013 F6B in June of last year.

Sorry about the bad luck S, glad you are still here to tell about it. Wondering what others with multiple bikes have found. Is the F6B always so much higher?

Sorry about the bad luck S, glad you are still here to tell about it. Wondering what others with multiple bikes have found. Is the F6B always so much higher?
    $450 year for full coverage on the B and a 2009 K1200LT. Was $800 with State Farm, even with the house and 3 cars.

You're also comparing an '03 to a '15.
    Lots more gizmos & gadgets.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    $450 year for full coverage on the B and a 2009 K1200LT. Was $800 with State Farm, even with the house and 3 cars.
    What insurance company are you using??...Seems like a really cheap rate for two bikes in Illinois...Granted many variables are in each state and policy but I am next to you in Michigan with a clean driving record and no accidents have both cars and my house with StateFarm and pay $565 a year just for the bike..Don't dare tell what I have to pay for my 2011 Edge and 2017 Fusion as it is ridiculous!!! Over $3500 + a year, plus the homeowners on top of that....Most insurance company's "suck" as does State Farm......but at 77 years old and having been with them for over 35 years I guess I will just suck it up and bite the bullet!!!!...Ride safe

I wish I got your rates. Here in Oregon with a clean driving record, full coverage my M109R is $509/year, I just added my F6B and it was ~$780/year. Coverage limits are $100,000/$300,000, comp deductible is $250, collision deductible is $500. FWIW, YRMV