F6B crowd vs GWRRA Full Wing crowd
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F6B crowd vs GWRRA Full Wing crowd

F6B crowd vs GWRRA Full Wing crowd

Total newbie here to all things Goldwing (been on non-Honda metric crusiers for last 10 yrs) but can some of you folks comment on the basic differences between these two crowds besides the GWRRA matching shirts? Attitudes, type of rides/rallys, other...
    Whatever.... Let's Ride.
    2013 Black F6B

IMHO our attitudes don't differ much.We love the feel of the flat six under us with dependability that is hard to match.I suspect many F6B owners choose that over the full dress Wing because of looks and lighter weight which equates to better handling.Lot of us ride alone with no passenger so we don't need a big trunk.Plus being a big guy the cockpit just fits me better overall-but if my wife still wanted to ride I would be on a full dress Wing in a heartbeat.Plus all F6B or Wing owners love the same thing "Ride to Eat".003.jpg

I think full Wing Riders like pin striping more than F6B people do. Plus I have not seen any of those cute His and Her custom painted names on a F6B yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Plus I have not seen any of those cute His and Her custom painted names on a F6B yet.
    We don't have that big trunk canvas to paint on-LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I think full Wing Riders like pin striping more than F6B people do. Plus I have not seen any of those cute His and Her custom painted names on a F6B yet.
    First thing I stripped off my recently acquired F6B was goofy pin-striping the previous owner put on.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Plus being a big guy the cockpit just fits me better overall.
    Plus all F6B or Wing owners love the same thing "Ride to Eat".
    Hmm, I'm thinking there's a correlation here.

Having owned both....
    I think the Wing crowd is a little more ostentatious in lighting, pinstriping, chrome, paint, etc. Romantic reasoning, if you will.
    The F6B crowd seems more concerned with the underlying classic form and Quality as Phaedrus would not have defined it.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Most of the F6B riders I know love the bike and try to keep it simple, sleek and fast...Many GW riders love to load the things with gobs of chrome, lights, whistles and bells, etc. etc.....Some don't and just keep it stock looking which is okay....The majority of the GW riders I know "ride to eat" as stated earlier and many ride two-up a lot...Several folks think GW riders are just "old folks", but in reality many are middle aged riders that love the comfort and ride of the fully loaded Wing.....I would ride if I took long trips, rode two-up, and was a little taller and younger....but my F6B works fine for me for now....Regards, and ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Hmm, I'm thinking there's a correlation here.
    I noticed the same connection. I definitely don't ride to eat. At 5' 10" and 170 lbs. I ride to live. I'm usually doing big 10,000 mile trips each summer on my own as I'm single and 70 and have nothing to tie me down. This summer I'm headed to Alaska. I do wish I had cruise control and reverse, standard on Gold Wings, but hey, you can't have everything. After all, what would you do with it all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

For what it's worth I've owned 3 Goldwings and am a member of the local GWRRA chapter mainly because there wasn't too many motorcycle riders in the area where I live and it seemed to be the most logical place to go riding with people who loved to ride. I bought my F6B in Jan of 2013 because it was the best of both worlds. I owned a Valkyrie tourer for a number of years and it was the best bike I had up until the F6B........now I get the comfort of the Wing with the performance and handling of my old Valkyrie.......couldn't be happier and with the addition of the CB radio and the Bushetc trailer, I can still group ride with my GWRRA friends and my Harley buddies that live near me and have since surfaced in the last 5 years. Best of both worlds.