Another one bites the dust - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another one bites the dust

Glad your able to report in, sorry about your misfortune!

Hire a lawyer and be patient. If it was an at fault DUI and he has insurance you ARE in the drivers seat, despite what the offending drivers insurance company will try and make you believe.
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

I think I see a full Wings in your future.
    If it turns out he is at fault , you own the day !

Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope the insurance situation gets resolved to your satisfaction. I've had to deal with having 2 of my Valkyrie Interstates totaled out through no fault of my own but did very well in the settlements. Even with your injuries, the other insurance companies are usually wanting to get the bike payment settled fast. Expect a lowball offer.

As for your injuries, that sucks. I wish you a speedy recovery!

If you have any questions on the process, feel free to pm me. I'm not a lawyer and only want you to be armed with good info.

I'm not telling you not to get a lawyer, but I got a much better settlement without one.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    I'm not telling you not to get a lawyer, but I got a much better settlement without one.
    Interesting. Good bit of info.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by hardtail View Post
    Before -- picture taken 4 days after Russellville 2017

Attachment 25171 Attachment 25174

After-- Nov. 27, 2017

Attachment 25175 Attachment 25176

You know, sometimes other drivers just suck!!
    You are right, sometimes other drivers just suck, I too got t-boned , older driver ran a red light, I am looking at A F6B for my next bike, I crashed a vulcan 1700 vaquero that I think protected me some because it was a big heavy bike, My question to you is do you think the bike held up in the crash"protecting you" & would you buy another B

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by hardtail View Post
    He has insurance but they are not making an offer. Been over 6 weeks and they are saying nothing yet. Apparently the legal system will be involved in my life for the next few months.
    Took my insurance 1 1/2 months to pay out in my single bike crash. Missed the deer than ran out of pavement in a curve. The only corespondence FROM my company was the "thank you for filing a claim" the next day. 2 weeks in and3 calls from me and they tell me that they don't send out adjusters for MCs and that I need to get estamtes. From that point I was calling 2,3,4 times a week, each time they would say that they needed this or that. Your situation is much more complicated then mine was. I don't know how your state insurance works but if you carry collision ,you may have to involve your insurance co. Many that I've herd of they take care of the vehical and medical individualy. They may be waiting for police reports and a call from your lawyer. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by stewy View Post
    You are right, sometimes other drivers just suck, I too got t-boned , older driver ran a red light, I am looking at A F6B for my next bike, I crashed a vulcan 1700 vaquero that I think protected me some because it was a big heavy bike, My question to you is do you think the bike held up in the crash"protecting you" & would you buy another B

Chris
    Yes, I'm sure the bike saved my left foot. Cyl. head took the hit instead of me. Motor parts are missing and the case has a hole in the front corner. If I had been on one of my Harleys my leg and foot would have made first contact. Looking at new bikes now and an F6B is one I am dealing on. The other is a Roadglide.

Heal well, The more I read the more I'm looking at the F6. My bikes got paid out by my insurance company, lawyer will figure out the rest later. Not signing anything till I know what long term conditions will be.

Chris
    Grasp Life By The Handlebars

Someone was watching over you, good luck w/the recovery.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

GaTeach
    This is terrible! How are you?