Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
I do not understand the advantages of the remote control opener for the bags. I mean you are right at the bike anyway and it only requires a gentle pull so why is it better to carry a remote control rather than just pull the lever? I'm guessing if it came with a remote control someone would be trying to figure a way to mount it on the bike rather than carrying it in your pocket. Now if your levers are gone like 53driver then yes it is needed.
Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
I also wonder why if you are preparing for a failed battery in the remote by packing the tools required to manually open the bags why not just pack an extra battery for the remote? But I often don't understand. t
Our B's while wonderful machines are lacking in a few really basic modern conveniences...The one that irritates me the most, so far, is the "trunk" style locks which is why you would want this mod. It's on my list. I'm not sure how, although I certain there's away, anyone could design a more archaic setup for accessing your saddlebags on the B. I know I'm not alone in leaving my keys hanging from the back of the bike on occasion. Electronic locks and fobs are standard on other bikes and well proven in this day and age. That I either have to carry a spare key, make a cut out, disable the locks or shut the bike down to grab something from the bags quickly is mentally challenged and the key slot is not intuitively located. Killing the battery on your B shouldn't be a regular occurrence and fob battery's last quite awhile. You could take this a step farther and mount a backup switch in the locked cubby for the rare occasion you lose your fob or it's battery is dead. This tech is so proven in the automotive world that many newer cars do not have key locks for the trunk.