Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goldwing F6B's 2013-2015 Electronic Saddlebag Door Release Kit

Goldwing F6B's 2013-2015 Electronic Saddlebag Door Release Kit

Has anyone installed these?

http://www.mblinnovations.com/store/...ontrol-16-.htm

$20.00 more on evil bay. go figure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111738532274...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

thanks in advance

here is a link from our site but wondering what if anything is new news?

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...g+door+release
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Yes, I have that kit installed.
    With the Smuggler trunk, it's really the only way to go as you lose the levers when the trunk is in place.
    Install was easy.
    Work like a champ.
    No key required.

Only drawback: no manual "emergency" release. I.e. if you lose battery power, you're resigned to taking off the trunk (2 bolts) to get your doors open. Leave the 10mm ratchet in the trunk, not the saddlebag tool kit.
    Lots of people saw the system at the rally in Arkansas, most liked it.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I've got it installed on my F6 and would do it again........works great........ In case of a battery malfunction - I have the tools in the left hand compartment by the handlebars so I can remove the seat and the rear panel to open the saddlebags manually and also to the remove the left side cover to get at the battery. Sounds like a pain, but it's a small price to pay for the convenience of opening the saddlebags. I've had it installed for a couple of years now and have had no problems.

There was a guy over on the Kustom F6B Facebook page that took a different route. If I remember correctly he had a workaround in case of battery failure. I think his name was Kenneth Raby and he posted a video

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    There was a guy over on the Kustom F6B Facebook page that took a different route. If I remember correctly he had a workaround in case of battery failure. I think his name was Kenneth Raby and he posted a video
    Yes, his levers still work!
    However, if you have the Smuggler trunk, the levers be gone!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    I've got it installed on my F6 and would do it again........works great........ In case of a battery malfunction - I have the tools in the left hand compartment by the handlebars so I can remove the seat and the rear panel to open the saddlebags manually and also to the remove the left side cover to get at the battery. Sounds like a pain, but it's a small price to pay for the convenience of opening the saddlebags. I've had it installed for a couple of years now and have had no problems.

kool

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    didn't know about the
    FB page thanks

I do not understand the advantages of the remote control opener for the bags. I mean you are right at the bike anyway and it only requires a gentle pull so why is it better to carry a remote control rather than just pull the lever? I'm guessing if it came with a remote control someone would be trying to figure a way to mount it on the bike rather than carrying it in your pocket. Now if your levers are gone like 53driver then yes it is needed.

I also wonder why if you are preparing for a failed battery in the remote by packing the tools required to manually open the bags why not just pack an extra battery for the remote? But I often don't understand. t

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I do not understand the advantages of the remote control opener for the bags. I mean you are right at the bike anyway and it only requires a gentle pull so why is it better to carry a remote control rather than just pull the lever? I'm guessing if it came with a remote control someone would be trying to figure a way to mount it on the bike rather than carrying it in your pocket. Now if your levers are gone like 53driver then yes it is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I also wonder why if you are preparing for a failed battery in the remote by packing the tools required to manually open the bags why not just pack an extra battery for the remote? But I often don't understand. t
    Our B's while wonderful machines are lacking in a few really basic modern conveniences...The one that irritates me the most, so far, is the "trunk" style locks which is why you would want this mod. It's on my list. I'm not sure how, although I certain there's away, anyone could design a more archaic setup for accessing your saddlebags on the B. I know I'm not alone in leaving my keys hanging from the back of the bike on occasion. Electronic locks and fobs are standard on other bikes and well proven in this day and age. That I either have to carry a spare key, make a cut out, disable the locks or shut the bike down to grab something from the bags quickly is mentally challenged and the key slot is not intuitively located. Killing the battery on your B shouldn't be a regular occurrence and fob battery's last quite awhile. You could take this a step farther and mount a backup switch in the locked cubby for the rare occasion you lose your fob or it's battery is dead. This tech is so proven in the automotive world that many newer cars do not have key locks for the trunk.