CCW Carry option - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CCW Carry option

Problem is

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    My Recluse for the Sig P938 accommodates the CT Laserguard. They may make a model for the Ruger with Laserguard as well. But yes, I can see where you original Recluse won't work with it.
    That short little barrel on that 380 Ruger, you need all the help you can get to hit your target, just a slight movement and you off the thing. It needs that laser to really help you out hitting something. Being older than dirt doesn't help either, not as steady as I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    That short little barrel on that 380 Ruger, you need all the help you can get to hit your target, just a slight movement and you off the thing. It needs that laser to really help you out hitting something. Being older than dirt doesn't help either, not as steady as I used to be.
    Yeah,
    I'm not sure why the firearm manufacturers work so hard to make smaller and smaller options.
    Some of the current concealed options are too small to be used by your average citizen, unless they can make weekly trips to the range to practice.
    Anything smaller than a G26/G27 requires a decent amount of skill, control, practice, etc.
    Not sure the average CCW license holder could handle themselves in a confrontational situation under stress and come out unscathed.
    Either that or my hands are too big.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Yeah,
    I'm not sure why the firearm manufacturers work so hard to make smaller and smaller options.
    Some of the current concealed options are too small to be used by your average citizen, unless they can make weekly trips to the range to practice.
    Anything smaller than a G26/G27 requires a decent amount of skill, control, practice, etc.
    Not sure the average CCW license holder could handle themselves in a confrontational situation under stress and come out unscathed.
    Either that or my hands are too big.
    For large hands? I like my Glock 30SF. The staggered magazine fattens the grip nicely and makes the reach for the trigger more natural and not an exercise in micro-ergonomics.
    It's very comfortable and conceals fairly well.
    Oh, and it's pretty dang accurate to 15 yards.
    At 25 yards it seems to get a bit more random (paper plate size groupings) but how often is that going to be a requirement in self-defense?
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    For large hands? I like my Glock 30SF. The staggered magazine fattens the grip nicely and makes the reach for the trigger more natural and not an exercise in micro-ergonomics.
    It's very comfortable and conceals fairly well.
    Oh, and it's pretty dang accurate to 15 yards.
    At 25 yards it seems to get a bit more random (paper plate size groupings) but how often is that going to be a requirement in self-defense?
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Actually Steve a plate size grouping isn't at all bad, if your going to shoot someone, putting rounds close to the same hole doesn't accomplish what your trying to do, to stop the guy from returning fire, the more holes you put in him in a random order the better your chances of putting him on the ground and unable to return fire. Hitting the same spot doesn't produce the results you need in a gun fight. Pepper that SOB in as many spots as possible! and OH Boy can I hit a lot of spots with that 380 Ruger and don't have to worry about putting them in the same hole!

Actually Steve a plate size grouping isn't at all bad, if your going to shoot someone, putting rounds close to the same hole doesn't accomplish what your trying to do, to stop the guy from returning fire, the more holes you put in him in a random order the better your chances of putting him on the ground and unable to return fire. Hitting the same spot doesn't produce the results you need in a gun fight. Pepper that SOB in as many spots as possible! and OH Boy can I hit a lot of spots with that 380 Ruger and don't have to worry about putting them in the same hole!
    I share my bed with a National Pistol Champion, so groupings matter in our household!
    But there are limitations on shorter barreled carry weapons that she doesn't have with her match-grade 7+ inch barreled toys.

With my carry weapons, at 5-15 yards, I train for tight groups (2-3") so that when the adrenalin is flowing, my muscle memory and body alignment will keep those rounds honest.
    I need to refresh the tactical skill set though.
    I need to schedule a trip to Colorado and visit an old friend.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

This is correct. When defensive shooting, small groups only hits flesh that has already destroyed. Shoot for groups about the size of an open hand
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Pushing 74, I too am familiar with the issues faced by aging shooters. The difficulties of stiff recoil springs and arthritic hands are one reason I like my Sig P238 & 938 so much. Great guns and much lighter recoil springs than most of the alternatives.

Aging shooters...hmmm

I've not pondered that concept, and it made me think a bit....
    Should I lose my eyeglasses in a scuffle, I would definitely be relying on body alignment and muscle memory as I couldn't find a sight if I had to.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I've not pondered that concept, and it made me think a bit....
    Should I lose my eyeglasses in a scuffle, I would definitely be relying on body alignment and muscle memory as I couldn't find a sight if I had to.
    Contact lenses Best invention since sliced bread.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Don't have trouble with eyesight anymore

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Contact lenses Best invention since sliced bread.
    The doctor that did my cataract surgery gave me back my 20 year old eyesight, I was just amazed at how bad my eyes had gotten when I had 20-20 vision back. Definitely helps watching for critters on that F6B and has improved my aim a hundred fold.
    The funny part is that you have practiced most of your life trying to hit the bulls eye, and then you get into concealed carry training and they tell you that you have been doing it all wrong. Because putting rounds into the same place doesn't help your situation in a gun fight. It dawns on you that they know what their doing and you don't. Its and eye opener for sure and now you have to try and not hit the bulls eye every time you shoot and should spread your shots out to cover more of the target. Its a different concept for sure.