things added to the F6B
    Fog Lights
    Center Stand
    Handlebar Risers
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Baker Wings under Mirrors
    XM radio mounted in left cubby
    Accy Socket in left cubby
    Tall Honda Windshield----- then Clearview w Vent----- then changed again to 11" Madstad
    Also have two Goldwing shields drilled to fit.
    Go Cruise throttle Lock
    Utopia Drivers Backrest in Stock seat---then changed to a Mustang
    LEDs mounted in the Mirrors for side signal lights
    Kury rear fender LED Lights
    Hyperlites LED Brake lights
    Kury Ergo Pegs (Black)
    RAM Mounts for GPS, cup holder and ez-pass
    Keys mounted to Knobs for Cubby and Saddlebag Lock
    Passenger Backrest -- but removed and sitting in garage for future use
    Kuryakyn LED Battery monitor
    LED white lights inside the saddle Bags
    Flat Black painted passenger pegs
    Gerbing Heated Gear controllers
    Mustang Seat then changed to a Corbin w/backrest
    Kickstand wedge for better lean angle
    Dark side ECSTA car tire
    HONDA OEM Heated Grips
    Corbin seat

oh.. and 18,000 miles
    The F6B is getting close to being as comfortable as my Valk was..
    And by looking at your avatar, it is comfortable enough to double as a decent bed.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had a Corbin (to wide in the front and hard for me 29" inseam) I didn't like the Mustang Seat then changed back to the stock
    I have a Corbin on my Wing and love it

2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Red face Stayed with stock seat

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I know there has been a lot of talk about seats. I was interested if someone who has had multiple seats could give me a summary of their experiences. (I think this would help everyone out)

Seat (brand & model) / cost / how comfortable / how high from stock / how narrow the front is (helps with short guys) / how far forward or back from stock / comments.

I made the mistake of sitting on a new 2016 F6B in the showroom yesterday and now I am second guessing my Mustang Day tripper seat. The stock seat felt softer / it is such a hassle to switch the seat back to the original seat to test. I thought I loved the Mustang because it put me lower and I liked the pocket with built in back rest. After seeing the continuous post about other seats I am beginning to doubt if I have the best seat for me. I don't know if I just need the Helibars to put me a little further back or what I need. The current setup I have on my F6B is the best I have ever had on any bike but there is always room for improvement.

I am 5' 8" tall with a 29" inseam (this could affect my getting a taller seat)

I resisted raising the bike up with the pre-load but that was no problem.

This obsession of mine (F6B new parts) is getting the best of me. I am addicted and I may need an intervention!!! But who cares I am getting old and don't have long to live so it is time to enjoy what I can in this life. I can't take it with me and I don't want to regret not doing things the way I wanted to later.
    Steve
    I have had my F6B for a few months now, and finally got the chance to take a nice run out along the coast through Malibu to Santa Barbara and home again, a run of 260miles and my stock seat was perfect, no butt pain at all that I have found in other bikes I have owned. My last bike was a 1300 VTX and the stock seat was crap, so I replaced it with an new Ultimate seat with backrest that was great, but I have found I do not need to waste money on a new seat with this bike. it is wide and comfortable and I am 5' 11" and 300+, so a big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    And by looking at your avatar, it is comfortable enough to double as a decent bed.

It WAS until I put the Corbin on with the backrest. That kind of gets in my way now
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I had no real issues with the stock seat on my 2013, but being short of inseam I decided to go with the Mustang seat..No issues at all and so far so good..5'8 1/2" inches at 195 lbs with the Baggeshield adjusted to the top and I am a happy camper...Ride safe

Russell Day Long

I got the seat back from them and put it on the bike and it sat pretty much the same spot maybe an 1/2 inch back from stock. This was the only aftermarket seat I ever had that was comfortable right from the day I installed it. Big Larry got me interested in Russell Day Long custom seats and I thought how could a builder of custom seats make me one 2000 miles away but I took the plunge and with all the information they requested before they would build it it was the best seat I have ever had. I didn't get nuts on ordering, Just leather sides and a very good quality vinyl top, no back rest and I paid $640 for their fine work and that included shipping back to me. Very please with that companies effort to turn out a custom piece.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Does the Corbin sit you higher / lower - forward / back - how is the nose narrower / wider?
    Thank you for your input.
    Steve
    I have the Corbin seat and it sits about the same height but put you back about an inch and a half. I am 6 foot and the seat is wide like the stock seat but I feel I can touch the ground better. This is one of the most comfortable seats I have ever owned. It is firm but once broken in I can ride all day with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyJaxson View Post
    I have the Corbin seat and it sits about the same height but put you back about an inch and a half. I am 6 foot and the seat is wide like the stock seat but I feel I can touch the ground better. This is one of the most comfortable seats I have ever owned. It is firm but once broken in I can ride all day with no issues.
    +1 on what he said. I put 13K on mine in the last 10 months and love my Corbin.

I bought a pad and strapped it on my original seat. A lot cheaper.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Not to derail this thread but can anyone having experience with the stock seat/utopia backrest combo answer this question. Does the Utopia backrest have the ability to fold forward in such a way to lay just forward of the stock seat's "backrest" (the rear hump), ultimately providing a more forward riding position? Somewhere I saw a photo of what appeared to be such a scenario. If anyone understands what I'm talking about, I'd appreciate any comments on your experience with this. Thanks