Tire mileage
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire mileage

Tire mileage

Being new to the forum and haven't even pick up the new bike yet as the dealer is modifying it a bit. What kind of tire mileage are you experiencing out of the F6B?

Personally, I have found the Bridgestones to be great tires. My experience has been 20,000 out of front tire and 15,000-16,000 out of the rear if you run 40-41 pounds of air in both tires. I am about ready for my third rear tire and am approaching 16,000 miles since the last change. I have some more miles left before thinking of changing to the third front tire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

14,300 front tire was at wear bars. Just put my second rear on. I have yet to run through a complete rear tire yet. Not knowing how far a rear would go I changed my rear before a long weekend last year. Replaced both tires this spring. Leaving this month for a week and a half and again was not willing to find the end of the rear tire while out on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Personally, I have found the Bridgestones to be great tires. My experience has been 20,000 out of front tire and 15,000-16,000 out of the rear if you run 40-41 pounds of air in both tires. I am about ready for my third rear tire and am approaching 16,000 miles since the last change. I have some more miles left before thinking of changing to the third front tire.

+1... it comes down to air pressure and are you a freak about checking it, I am ! I took the front off with 20K on it and it would have gone another 2-3K... back not so much, may have something to do with jack rabbit starts ?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Steve is right air pressure is the key. I know guys that don't check air pressure all summer. One day they look down and 'Oh my gosh my tire is choppy'. I check air pressure every time I ride.

Mileage also depends on load, do ride 2 up or single and will you be pulling
    a trailer, on my regular wing I get 20000 on the rear and 17000 on the front
    and I am a Bridgestone man.
    I have a little over 17000 on the B no tires yet.

Welcome aboard SeaDog; congrats on getting your 6 soon.

I was at the wear bars on my rear at 11,000 miles; at 12,000 miles the tire carcass was showing in several places. Be mindful of that; once the rear is low on tread, the rubber goes real quick.

I'm at the wear bars now on my fronts at 14,000 miles; I have a new one coming today and will be changing it soon.

FWIW, other than maybe darksiding, I'm not aware of any other tire compelling enough to switch away from the OEM Bridgestone tires; they're pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Exactly what he said, Same miles and tire pres. Replaced with oe Stones. I do watch tire pres but not every ride.
    Note: I do ride solo most of the time (Wife rides her own)

13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Well, I am having to replace the rear tire this weekend. At almost 16,000 miles on this tire, I still have a few hundred to a thousand miles left in it but I picked up a nail. I cannot praise these Stones enough. After running Dunlop tires for many years on Harleys, I never got over 10,000 miles on rear tires. So my new Bridgestone rear tire is in transit to be installed Saturday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Currently on my second rear OEM tire changed at 17,740 still with some rubber. On the front, still running original OEM at 24,269 with wear bars showing, but not flush with tire. My wife and I work together, thus commute together 80% of time. Would not change brands.