On a ride to Asheville from upstate NY, I came out of a convenience store and the bike was DEAD nada, nothing no how! no click nothing. I finally called AAA (they now have an MC program I got 2 days before the trip) The guy was gonna tow me (carry me) to a shop, but it was Friday night, I'd have to wait till Monday for someone to look at it. I posted the issue here and several people mentioned battery...one even suggested the final fix, but sort of hinted at dead batt too...which I thought it wasn't) anyway, AAA guy agreed to jump it...it started, but as soon as I turned it off...dead again. He jumped again and told me where there was a Walmart where I might get a battery. We drove there. My son stayed with my bike I went in. Waiting on line, son calls and says there was a Honda guy there (employee) who owned an F6B and had the EXACT same problem. Cure?: remove both battery terminals and reconnect them!!!! ( I scrapped one off even though there wasn't any corrosion that I could see. Damn if it didn't start right up!! This was in a skeetchy town, 400 miles from our destination...It would have really put a damper on what turned out to be a really great trip.

Thought I'd share...it appears to be a [somewhat] known issue.