Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
I came to the F6b from a Vtx1800r. I had to put an ultimate seat on the x right away. To me the F6b seat is very good but i keep getting monkey butt from the heat. Im 6'1 220 lbs and find myself standing up on the pegs to vent and stretch. Just a guess but im thinking since the factory f6b seat is waterproof it does not breathe. However of all the bikes ived had the F6b factory seat is the best. I did just buy an ultimate for the F6b from another great forum member here. Everyone is really helpfull on this fine site.
x2

I am fussy with seats (had an Ultimate on VStar cruiser and sent it back; settled on an AirHawk R), but the stock seat on the F6B is pretty good. It is wide, so it provides a lot of surface area over several square inches of butt to settle on. Plus, the backrest allows the rider (with long enough legs) to wedge their arse against it to take some pressure off the cheeks.

Today, I rode about 60 miles on the way home, and it was starting to get a little warm and sore after being on the seat for well over an hour.

Seats are very subjective; two guys the same size may despise the same seat because of minuscule preferences. I like the idea of going to the rally and sitting on as many as possible, though you need several hundred miles on a seat before you know if you like it. I was a rare dissatisfied Ultimate buyer; I was glad they had a 30 day return policy.