Hi Guys,
I'm in the process of buying a 2013 red F6B with 29,005 miles for $9999. There are no maintenance records available, and while the bike looks to be in excellent shape, I hesitate to be completely trusting that it has been maintained properly. Specifically after reading this forum, I wonder about the air filter. Has it ever been replaced? Should I tell the dealer that my buying the bike hinges upon them replacing it for me (they offered to get me a quote to have it done!) The bike is at a dealership about 200 miles away. They have another location in the city I live in (Bend, Oregon) and will transport the bike here for free.
The bike I'm already almost committed to buying (got the financing approved, etc) can be seen below, but now I'm thinking maybe I should get a brand new Blue 2015 model for only $13,499. That one is 850 miles from here and I can probably arrange to have it shipped here but not for free. I just sent a message to that dealership via cycletrader asking for more info and if they can arrange delivery. I got the paperwork in the mail today for the 2013 bike but haven't signed anything yet. Both are really good deals. Should I consider paying maybe $14,000 (including delivery) for a new 2015 model? Or pay just $10,000 for the 2013 model and hope that it's been maintained properly for the past 3 years? There are no actual photos of the new blue model, just the stock photos from Honda, but it's NEW! And $7000 cheaper than a new 2016 model.
Here's a photo of the 2013 bike. It has a drivers backrest installed.
Attachment 24825
It also has a bigger windshield and Kuryakyn highway pegs installed.
Attachment 24827

The blue one, well you guys know what it looks like. I love this color even more than the red, and love the idea of having a new bike.
Attachment 24826
So if you were me, and could afford either bike, which one would you buy?