Well, I got everything buttoned back up and the bike put back together so I could take a ride today. As for sounding like crap, the lows sounded very muffled. I realize these little 5.25" speakers won't push a lot but they just sounded muted and tinny. I read every bike audio post I could find (there's a lot of good info in the HD Forums ) and found where many had removed foam baffles, polyfill, etc. I had installed Boom Mats and they really created a snug fit so I decided to pull it back apart and remove them to see if there was any difference. The difference was immediately recognizable with a much fuller and deeper sound. Im not saying it sounded like I had just installed a sub, but the bass was there and the sound was much more clear. At this point I was happy they finally sounded better than the JBL coaxials I had just removed.

While doing research this past week, I located a reputable audio shop that is actually the local dealer for Hertz, Audison, and Arc Audio. While out riding today I visited and spoke with the owner about amp settings. He advised they could assist in dialing it in and use an oscilloscope to ensure they get the most out of the components. I have elected to take the bike to them Monday morning and let them get this project across the line. I can then make note of their settings for future reference.

Robert, I sincerely appreciate your guidance throughout this process as well as your continued willingness to assist. To be honest, I have partial hearing loss in one ear and a severe case of tinnitus so I probably can't even tell what good would even sound like. Too many years banging on drums and listening to loud music.