Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
Are you a lawyer by any chance?
Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
Oh... I don't have a dog in this fight. I am comfortable with ABS or not. I was just commenting on our fellow forum member's diatribe against motorcycle manufacturers...
Haha! Heck no, I'm not a lawyer! But I live in a state (California) that is contaminated with ambulance chasers to such a degree that it increasingly perverts human interaction. Simple tort reform (such as no-fault insurance) could fix a lot of that, but the trial lawyers oppose the proposition every time it is offered.

As for my diatribe, it wasn't against motorcycle manufacturers, and certainly not against Honda. It was only targeted at American Honda (not a manufacturer, except perhaps for the Acura NSX), who imports these motorcycles and, as opposed to all other Honda importers worldwide, doesn't offer ABS on the F6B, not even as an option. That, in my opinion, is irresponsible.

My butt was saved by ABS (on a BMW) and yet, I purchased an F6B without it, after giving up on an import from Canada because of all the hassles. While the F6B has truly excellent stopping power, I never feel as safe without ABS and I wish I had it. I don't think anybody who hasn't actually experienced ABS kicking in to prevent a wheel lock on gravel or some other unexpected surface can truly appreciate what it does. Perhaps I don't have the riding skills that others have, but it's hard to imagine anyone being capable of reacting faster than ABS. So I keep my fingers crossed for the 2018 model year! End of diatribe!