Quote Originally Posted by Boltar View Post
I ordered and installed the clearview short "sport touring" (widest but shortest) Clearview model with the Honda vent installed and test drove it this weekend on a ~250 mile ride through the southern AZ twisties-- I am 5" 10" with a 31 in inseam, and ride with a full face helmet- here are my notes-

1) about half of my helmet was in turbulence/buffet, from ~50 mph and up, crouching down about 3 inches and slightly forward put me back in the "bubble"- this did not seem to vary much with speed in the 50-80 Mph range.
2) had a hard time getting any airflow though my helmet, despite the full open vent ( I have a Shoei GT Air lid) it was a perfect 80 degree day, ended up wanting the faceshield up for ventilation most of the time
3) good job on "neck down" shielding from the wind and buffet.. but again, little flow from the vent through my mesh jacket.
Boltar
From your report why don't you just run the stock shield? I am also 5'10" and wear a full face. With the stock shield the wind hits me at about neck height, no buffet (movement) just wind noise negated by ear plugs or ear buds. Nice breeze through my helmet vents and some to my jacket. The madstad reports have been very positive but lean towards "still air" and "wind protection" so I'm not sure that will help your ventilation issue.