I'm still setting up my F6B (just installed modified stock seat, installed a windshield but waiting for new windshield to come in), so those minor painpoints are bothering me as a newbie since they're affecting me right now.

Shooter, F6B is DEFINITELY easier to wash than the Street Glide. I spent 8 hours detailing that thing to sell it. Every. Single. Piece. Of. Chrome. had to be polished. Holy crap. It sure looked nice in the end though.

As for the F6B being more complicated in some areas ... From the country that developed Six Sigma (where fractions of pennies and seconds affect the bottom line), I would expect maximum efficiency in the use of materials and manufacturing process, and that is exactly what Honda did with the F6B. Sure, it would be easier for the end user to add/remove things if everything were attached independently -- but it would have created unnecessary inefficiency to the manufacturing process of the product. Honda consolidated this by sharing screws and bolts throughout the bike. I can appreciate the manufacturing efficiency on this, and can reasonably assume the engine efficiency (leading to performance) is also designed better than other bikes.

As for some guys being dicks ... I expect it. Some men are truly more emotional than women about their bikes and are unwilling to make impartial comparisons. (For example, they guys who think fiddling with 6-10 screws with an impact wrench is more user-friendly than a single thumb screw ...)

Now, criticize my favorite purse or shoes or the sheer numbers of which I've collected over the years, and you're gonna get flamed mercilessly!

Much love and respect to you all.