Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
What is the general perception of the Goldwing and F6B in the Harley circles that you guys run in?
I think it has to do with how the person who owns the bike is perceived by the immediate group.
I teach the MSF course; the range is in the parking lot at my place of employ.
I am known to many at my workplace as "the motorcycle guy."
But more importantly, I believe, is that I am also known as a "rider" first, and any "brand name loyalty" is a tertiary, near meaningless application.

I am a Lifetime HOG member, but I don't play with the local Chapters.
I was a GWRRA member.

The '81 Wing, '73 Ironhead, 95 Heritage, 98 Valk, and '14 F6B have all been in my parking spot. People seemingly oooh and ahhh regardless.
Found a "V-Twin" magazine on the seat of the Valk one day. Co-worker told me it was a joke he was playing....lol.
We have civil discussions about brands, etc. Although when the float valve on the '73 failed and she drained her entire tank on the asphalt, that was "less than optimal" but there was no shortage of people who were there to help clean up the mess.

I'm fortunate to work and associate with people who look and appreciate me first, and then my "Euro-biker" stylings (BMG gear) OR my "pirate outfits" as merely cosmetics.