Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
We just forwarded your email to Big Bike Parts and should be able to get this taken care of tomorrow.
Sorry for the problem.
Teresa
Value-Accessories
Update on my experience. Recieved my second light in short order and did a quick trouble shoot on everything. a) yes the first one was bad, (one of the two lites in the fixture was still bad). b) checked that the other lite was working fine, and then hooked it up to the right side wiring harness, worked fine. c) checked the new lite on both sides, worked fine. d) installed the new lite and put everthing back together, still worked fine. e) took a ride and the replacement lite failed the same way as the first.

Talked to the folks at Value-Accessories and they said that they had a few other failures on the right side similar to me. They are taking care of things, sending me a new back to replace the faulty replacement. Should be here in a few days. I will let ya'll know how that goes, shouldn't be a problem, just a pain to have to do three installs to get a working set. I'm not upset, it's just my luck that I would get two of the bad ones out of the batch.

My impressions of the lights are as follows.
1) They certainly increase visibility to the cagers in daylight
2) They look great on the bike
3) Install was straightforward, not difficult at all, with clear instructions, and normal tupperware issues.
4) Hardware seems to be of high quality, except for my issue, that according to the folks at Value Accessories is not widespread
5) The lights do not seem to increase the night time visibility from the pilots seat very much with the stock headlights. At this point I have not tried to adjust the fogs from the settings that they came with. It is possible that they are aimed too high and just get lost in the stock headlight pattern and color. Once I get a complete working set I will play a little and see if it makes a difference. But at this point I was hoping for a little more.