I just took the concealed carry class from a nice pair of X sheriff department people southwest of Cadillac, Michigan. You want good people training you in this matter. A mediocre Instuctor isn't worth a plug nickel when your talking about you carrying a gun and the responsibility and do's and don'ts that you have to know. I have two hand guns, the small one I will conceal carry but the training requires you to shoot 25 feet and the small gun is a 5 to 7 foot gun. So the bigger 9mm went to the training and it was absolutely informative. These two were excellent instructors and it started at 8 AM and we didn't go to the range to put all they taught us to use until 2PM and we were on the range until 5 PM with them correcting our stance, how we hold the gun, how to do it safely, arms length shooting which is the distance of most close personal attacks, and how to cover the torso of an attacker to make his day a bad one. They brought up stuff I had never considered before and unless you haven't had any official training wouldn't think of right off hand. If that is something that you are considering doing then by all means find people that have already taken the class your interested in and see if they consider it a good one, it most important that it has good instructors.