Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Listen...whatever anyone wants to spend on a helmet is fine with me; whether it be budget driven or just some silly principle. I've taken 2 pretty serious cowhide rides with Arai and Shoei on my head, and my head is pretty much the only thing I haven't had surgically repaired on my body at this point (although it may be a bad idea). I work with a guy that rides a Harley, I have watched him spend $$75 on a long sleeve T-Shirt, yet his helmet is a non-DOT piece of crap skull cap that wouldn't survive a fall off the coffee table. Budget I understand, but some types of reasoning I'll never understand. All that said, I'll spend some money on a helmet, and I will replace it every 5-7 years depending on how bad it stinks and how worn in and floppy it gets; the Multi-Tech lasted a little better than 5 years.
A good way to keep helmets from getting stinky; is to wash your hair everyday and wear a dew rag; before donning the helmet. Greatly extends the life of the helmet innards and keeps it clean.