Five months and one day. 15,693 miles :) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Five months and one day. 15,693 miles :)

GaTeach
    I was raising hell with a kid one day and he looked around and said, "Don't y'all think she's in a better mood when she rides her bike to school? Everyone who thinks she needs to ride her bike tomorrow, raise your hand."

All of them raised their hand. I busted out laughing.

And rode Sweet Georgia to school the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    I was raising hell with a kid one day and he looked around and said, "Don't y'all think she's in a better mood when she rides her bike to school? Everyone who thinks she needs to ride her bike tomorrow, raise your hand."

All of them raised their hand. I busted out laughing.

And rode Sweet Georgia to school the next day.
    If that had happened 45 years ago, that would have been me. Yea, I was "that kid". Truthfully, still that way. I got a lot older, but never grew up.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dang Teach, is the hubby taking care of all the chores while you're racking those miles up?

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache1 View Post
    Dang Teach, is the hubby taking care of all the chores while you're racking those miles up?
    That made me LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    That made me LOL.
    I thought I rode alot, with 6k in 4 months, but man you are racking them up! I wonder what your mileage would be if you lived in Arizona? Would be hard to beat your pace anywhere!

great start....keep it up

Looks like you are getting your money's worth out of you F6....sure makes those miles easier when your riding something as comfortable and enjoyable as the F6B.....

As a retired teacher and coach for the last 10 years, I have averaged about 16,000 miles per year since retirement. Ride my motorcycles more miles than I drive my car each year....put the first 134 thousand miles on 2 Honda VTX1300s and last 16,500 miles on the 2013 F6B I bought in August of 2014...

Have fun...enjoy what the world offers...and thanks for helping teachers teach !!!!

Shaker

Teacher and coach here also. Had the B for one year and have 12k on the clock. I can't ride much from Oct to March because I coach the varsity wrestling team. I also teach 3 classes of US History to 17 year olds and 3 classes of Criminal Justice to 14 year olds. Total of 178 kids in six classes.

Seldom use my truck during the summer when I am off and for the last 10 years I have taken at least one multi state trip in the summer. Retirement in a couple of years and the miles per year will go up then.

Teaching will consume you if you let it, have to be careful to balance your life with it.