Back in WWII, the Japanese considered invading America and actually had put plans together. HOWEVER, because they knew these crazy American people own guns, they knew there would never be a way to invade the land.

True story told to me by a WWII vet that served in the Pacific. I did some research, there is some interesting consequences to people having the right to own a gun.

Seems to me that most of these shootings take place in a state that has very strict gun laws, and/or "gun free zones" as there isn't anyone who is going to pull a gun on THEM!

I have spent a lot of time in Mexico...where gun ownership is very restricted, and guess who is murdering everyone? The thugs that have guns. High crime rates, plenty of bystanders getting killed by guns, so what does one do?

I recall...and you can research this yourself, but when the Nazi's took over the country, the first thing to be collected was the civilians that owned guns. I am not an NRA member, nor do I own guns myself but understand why the right to own a gun is written into the founding documents of the country.