New Member + new 2015 matte silver
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member + new 2015 matte silver

New Member + new 2015 matte silver

Hi all, just joined and thought i would say hello and introduce myself.i Live in NSW Australia, although originally from the UK. I am 59 and a veteran of both the British and Australian armies. A particular hi to fellow veterans on this site. I realize that this a mainly North American site and so despite having worked with and alongside your military over the years i have decided to like you anyway and join-joking boys, honestly.

I have ridden all my life, mostly Japanese sports and sports/Tourers until about a year ago when i went to a Honda CTX1300 and although i thought this bike was the most suited to me for my time of life the jerky throttle, cheap plastics and harsh suspension eventually wore me down and i sold her. A few days ago i ordered a new B, should be here next week, i am confident that this is the bike for me after reading everything on this site [very helpful and informative] and reading all the reviews i can. However i have some questions if i can!

Matte paint- i have read some posts on here that say the paint is easy to maintain, a wash and dry is all that's needed however, some say they use matte sealants and so forth, having looked at the net it seems only the sellers of these fairly expensive products seem to say we need them, i can find nothing from Honda on the issue, in fact BMW seem to indicate to use nothing at all, just keep clean- any thoughts?

Electronic remote rear suspension- is whats written on the Honda Australia site- anyone know where the control is on the bike.

I have more questions but ill ask along the way, looking forward to a long and happy relationship with you all.

Thanks Jim

Welcome!

shooter
    Jim we're having a rally in Arkansas in September. I know its a bit of a ride but brother we would be glad to have you. Welcome aboard.

That would be a trek. But we just saw the floatiecyclethingy.

Welcome aboard mate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post

Welcome aboard mate.
    To save some time trekking across the pacific, here is a faster one ….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmnuyoXVflY

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Welcome Mate From one of those US Veterans. We had some Brits attached to my unit during Desert Storm.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-oz View Post
    Hi all, just joined and thought i would say hello and introduce myself.i Live in NSW Australia, although originally from the UK. I am 59 and a veteran of both the British and Australian armies. A particular hi to fellow veterans on this site. I realize that this a mainly North American site and so despite having worked with and alongside your military over the years i have decided to like you anyway and join-joking boys, honestly.
    You're going to fit right in then bud

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-oz View Post
    Matte paint- i have read some posts on here that say the paint is easy to maintain, a wash and dry is all that's needed however, some say they use matte sealants and so forth, having looked at the net it seems only the sellers of these fairly expensive products seem to say we need them, i can find nothing from Honda on the issue, in fact BMW seem to indicate to use nothing at all, just keep clean- any thoughts?
    Many of us use this product:

https://www.duckyproducts.com/mattefinish.html

Welcome to the forum. Watch out for those drop bears down under....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Welcome to the board Jim. There are a couple of Auzzies on the board maybe you can hook up with them. We await you first picture of your new 6. Anyone who fights along side of us has to be alright.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post

Welcome aboard mate.
    Yeah that floatiecyclethingy is pretty cool. If I lived on a lake I might have one of those. You know the scenario. Good seafood restaurant on the other side. 15 miles around the road. 1.5 miles straight across. Stro you should buy me and the Aussie a couple of those.

Thanks boys, feel welcome already. Arkansas.I'll try to make it, love your state names in the US. bit plain here- WA.NSW- etc

Yep, as soon as i get her I'll post her picture, got to show her off as i had to fight the woman i love [and the wife] to spend that much money on her [the bike, not the wife]

Thanks for the welcomes and help, much appreciated