Looking To Add Another Bike To The Stable - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking To Add Another Bike To The Stable

Quote Originally Posted by Batt13 View Post
    Any recommendations????
    Sport tourer: Nothing that I can speak from experience on....but the Yamaha FJR1300 has been getting good reviews. Or, just to be different, a MotoGuzzi Norge would be unique. If the lines of the F6B weren't so attractive, I'd have given the Norge a shot despite the limited dealer network.

Sport bike: Again, I've not put my butt onto the latest offerings from Japan...and am too old to be on a Ninja/Hayabusa thing anyway. (Though I think the Hayabusa's are gorgeous.) I've found handling heaven in the MG V11 Lemans, it too makes me grin just looking at it in the shop. Shaft driven, easy to work on, and eye candy to boot! Slightly aggressive seating. Low mileage examples come up with surprising frequency.
    '88 FLST
    '95 Ducati 916
    '04 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
    '06 FLHX
    '09 Buell 1125R
    '13 F6B
    '17 BMW R Nine T Racer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A BMW R-nine-T would be a great 2nd ride.
    I had a few R bikes, they were great. Looked at the new R1200RT before I bought the F6B.

Sports Tourer

The Honda ST1300 is the second bike in my stable. I'm 6'2' and had to put risers on it for it to be comfortable. No cruise or heated grips from the factory but you probably wouldn't need the grips in Florida. The top box is very nice and helps with passenger comfort, it is great for trips to the hardware store. You can fit a 40 pound bag of dog food in the saddle bags.
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I was looking at Moto Guzzi before I bought the F6B.
    Moto Guzzi woul be an excellent choice for a 2nd mount. I sold my 2014 Griso 8v SE when I bought my F6B. Only drawbacks, spotty dealer network and hard to find a competent mechanic.
    Although most regular stuff is pretty easy for the owner to complete. Griso is a fun bike, on the right road you can surprise some sport bikes....

I absolutely love my Ducati Diavel, but not sure how much I would like having a passenger on it.

1) Find a Rune that's not been beaten up.

2) Valkyrie?

3) If you're thinking cruiser.....Indian Dark Horse? (absolutely hated these when they first came out....now I think it's a pretty sexy look)

Just random thoughts....

...sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Appreciate all the responses will look into the 3rd bike whenI go to Fla. in Aug.
    Tks again

Victory Highball

Attachment 18641

Try something different and buy a Victory.

Here is a shot of me and my younger brother's 2013 Victory Highball, in Akron OH back in June, after a 400 mile trip from Philly. The bike ran great! The 106 cubic inch, 5 quart oil cooled, Freedom V-Twin Motor had all the power needed for a long Turnpike stint. The ape hanger handle bars were extremely comfortable. Every time I stopped somebody complimented me on this bike. My brother likes to say it was: "Bought not Built." He purchased the "year end display model" for $12,500 OTD. Exactly as seen. The leather saddle bags were included but they are usually a $600 adder. I believe the MSRP on a similar, new 2016 model, is probably around $14K OTD. Victory riders are boasting 200K out of the Freedom motor, designed in 2009, and brag that the motor does not actually "break in" until it reaches 40K and the gas milage then appears to be +45 MPG. Also, apparently, the motors never leak oil because they only have 8 seals and gaskets. This particular Highball model has a solo saddle but I'm sure that can be easily remedied. My brother likes to inform our Harley buddies that it has a magic carpet rear mono shock, gear cams, and the side mounted belt drive can be removed in about 30 minutes. My brother has honestly done nothing but put gas in it since he bought it. Unlike me - who buys something new every time I visit this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Batt13 View Post
    Any recommendations????
    Sport Tourer, I would look at the C-14. Great luggage and electric windshield. The inline 1400 really gets it. I loved mine!

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Sport Tourer, I would look at the C-14. Great luggage and electric windshield. The inline 1400 really gets it. I loved mine!
    Heard good reviews on the C-14, I have to stick with a bike which has a tour-pak looking at the full size wing, Victory, & possibly a BMW or another Harley