Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
Yes sir. That engine went in the V-Rod, the Street Rod, The Night Rod, etc. It is/was a great engine! Harley should have put that motor into some of their other bikes. Too bad, a missed opportunity.
I don't think it would have been accepted. I own a Street Rod as a 2nd bike. It is a 2006 model and I got it for a song. It sat on the dealers floor for 5 years and was bought by a 40 year old woman schoolteacher who took it on a 3 month tour of Texas, New Mexico, Az, etc...--then a 70 year old man bought it as a Sport tourer. After being on the boards and doing my research, the Street Rod crowd are very loyal as this is a super bike. It has mid position pegs, 124 HP (stock with OEM everything) with 88 lbs of torque and after 5K RPM you had better hold on. It is a one off chassis that gives a 40 degree lean angle and 4 degrees less rake than a standard Vrod and then lengthened in the middle for a true Sport Bike/Super Bike feel. A 28" inseam can sit flat footed at a light. The result???? They made them for 2 years and quit! They are hard to give away now and impossible to sell with a new $15K price tag. Standard Vrod parts don't fit. Can't even find a seat these days. No such thing as aftermarket ANYTHING, but let me tell you that this is a wonderful machine that everybody HATES. This machine will hang with about any crotch rocket and is well mannered in the turns as well as a straight line. It is extremely well engineered. Harley riders do not acknowledge the Vrod as a true Harley and Vrod riders don't acknowledge the Street Rod as a true Vrod! This is the true red haired stepchild! Then there was the Cafe' Racer Sporster. How many of those do you see?

The point is that it is a gamble whenever Harley goes into a different "market". They do not have a lot of success even when they produce a great bike.