2017 Goldwing

Thread: 2017 Goldwing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 114th COBRA View Post
    At 69, I'm just looking forward to enjoying my F6B, and will let the youngsters deal with any future changes and newly developed technology.
    Ya, and first year model bikes are for the general public beta testers. Let them get the bugs and recalls worked out first.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Patch , for a second post , that was epic. I'm gonna talk to Phantom for ya. You should get credit for 4 or 5 posts for that one.

The perfect motorcycle is available to all that can afford to have it produced to personal specifications. Taking this into consideration I would imagine that no two would be exactly the same.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

I embrace change but I will state that I am glad I got mine when I did. All that tech is going to take several years to get worked out. Many people feel like there has to be large changes in vehicles every few years, in many cases they just want that differentiation to show everyone they have the "new" model. As it normally takes a few model years to work out the kinks the manufacturers are just getting things running smoothly when they shift gears to the latest and greatest iteration of their product.

I like the fact that my 2015 has had many years to be optimized and fine tuned and it doesn't bother me at all that it won't be the latest thing in 2017. Maybe in 2025 I will consider a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Ya, and first year model bikes are for the general public beta testers. Let them get the bugs and recalls worked out first.
    Yea let them do that....oh shit, thats us (2013 F6B owners). Kinda worked out didnt it?

shooter
    They're going the other way for me. Bump this baby up to 2 Litres , 150 HP , and 160 TQ. Somehow lose 50 lbs of weight and improve the front suspension. Built in navigation , and improve the factory stereo. That's it for me.

One thought I had was that there is a growing F6B fan base installing the larger front wheels for that custom Bagger look. That new front end would make that an impossibility .
    Me, I likr the looks of the larger front wheels, but I prefer the handling functionality.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

shooter
    Yeah it would look good with a 21. 23 even better. 21 might not affect the handling.