Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
I can appreciate that. I've also used run flat tires before and it is nice not having to worry about small nails or screws ruining you trip. Now that I'm running a non-run flat, I do now carry a plug kit and compact air compressor, just in case. AFAIK, about the only drawback of the run flat is weight so if I find a really good one, I may go back to that in the future. Until then, I already have my next Falken mounted on a spare wheel and ready-to-go.
With a conventional radial tire (non-run flat) and Ride-On Tire Balancer/Sealant there is no difference in thread/tread puncture protection IMHO. The ability to continue to use the tire after a puncture is the same The added benefit of a stiff sidewall and more MC Tire like ride achieved with lower air pressure (sweet spot) of course, is not the same as a softer 1 ply side-walled conventional tire. Therein lies the real difference.

I'm anxious to see this tire after 25/30K miles of wear and specifically what the tire edges look like! The wear characteristics should be interesting