North East Meet and Greet - Page 27
Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Just a quick weather update. The forecast is for highs in the low 80's with only the possibility for some scattered afternoon freshets to cool things off to the mid 70's. Perfect riding conditions through next Wed.

Judging by the forecast, I guess Wayne's not planning to come to PA this weekend!
    I'll be there...how's that!

Jeff, let me know if you're planning on this ride...I'll stop at your exit again, 9ish
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'll be there...how's that!

Jeff, let me know if you're planning on this ride...I'll stop at your exit again, 9ish
    Latest forecast is for temps in the 90's with a slight chance for snow flurries! Then again PA didn't post that forecast until Wayne posted that he's planning on coming.

Stay tuned tomorrow for a more reliable forecast.

Depending on who's all coming and how hard they want to ride I could adjust the route to appease the majority. Do you want to do the same route I am planning for the 5th. (approx. 120 miles) or would you want to do a totally different route? That route would be about 175 miles plus. Not bad for someone living nearby but it could be a dangerously long day for someone who is faced with a 4 hour ride to get here plus another 4 hours home unless they were planning on laying over somewhere.

The weather has been steady for Sunday, but then again, it's PA. Hit or miss shower shouldn't scare too many. I'm game for anything. Was planning on riding all day anyway. I might bring some overnight stuff just in case you push me too hard.

Latest forecast is for temps in the 90's with a slight chance for snow flurries! Then again PA didn't post that forecast until Wayne posted that he's planning on coming.

Stay tuned tomorrow for a more reliable forecast.

Depending on who's all coming and how hard they want to ride I could adjust the route to appease the majority. Do you want to do the same route I am planning for the 5th. (approx. 120 miles) or would you want to do a totally different route? That route would be about 175 miles plus. Not bad for someone living nearby but it could be a dangerously long day for someone who is faced with a 4 hour ride to get here plus another 4 hours home unless they were planning on laying over somewhere.
    Bob,
    If you could let me know the route you are going to take and a guestimation on a time frame at scheduled stops later in the day, the wife and I would like to meet up with y'all. Too hard to get her up too early in the AM! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pap View Post
    Bob,
    If you could let me know the route you are going to take and a guestimation on a time frame at scheduled stops later in the day, the wife and I would like to meet up with y'all. Too hard to get her up too early in the AM! lol
    As of this morning the forecast stayed the same. Hot, very hot, with the possibility for afternoon freshets.

Pap, I'm not sure of our planned route yet. The only one who should be committed, opps, I mean has committed is, Wayne. So stay tuned we may be heading your way toward, Towanda at least by 1:30 pm.

Ride Update

As of this morning the forecast stayed the same. Hot, very hot, with the possibility for afternoon freshets.

Pap, I'm not sure of our planned route yet. The only one who should be committed, opps, I mean has committed is, Wayne. So stay tuned we may be heading your way toward, Towanda at least by 1:30 pm.
    Bob! How about a Ride Update for all us "old farts"..........We are still meeting at the Pa. Reception Center I-84 Pa./NY Border at approximately 10:00 a.m. etc, etc.............I'm missing where Towanda came into play???

Thanks, but Just found out that we have family plans for tomorrow. Someday.........

Sorry to say, I will not be making the ride tomorrow, my grand daughter has leave and plans on flying in late tonight.

I do plan on making next week's ride. Hope you guys have a nice ride tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    Sorry to say, I will not be making the ride tomorrow, my grand daughter has leave and plans on flying in late tonight.

I do plan on making next week's ride. Hope you guys have a nice ride tomorrow
    I'll probably stop and fill up anyway....maybe catch you there next week.

Well, I'm hitting the sack early for a long day tomorrow. I am planning on going home same day. Rain forecast after midnight, so I want to beat it. Whatever the plans are, I'm game. Sounds like me and the two Bob's, with maybe Delta touching base somewhere? Count on me for 10am arrival. I'll check here one more time in the am to see if there's any changes.