BlueTooth Headsets??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BlueTooth Headsets???

Quote Originally Posted by veltex View Post
    We have a set of the Cardo Scala rider g9s for bike to bike communication and they work great when on the same bike as well, I dont know about the Bluetooth as Ive never tried it but a buddy has it linked to his phone and gps and he like them as well.
    Your missing what a great product you have...link that to your phone and GPS and you will love it !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

+1 on the SMH-10. I have them on my wife's helmet and mine. They work great for intercom, phone, and the audiobooks I love. My son's 25th birthday was yesterday, and I gave him one for his birthday. He installed it today and couldn't believe how well it works.

Does the SMH-10 have to be used with a Boom, because I use a full face and would hate to have to jam that boom in and out all the time???

Any of you using the UCLEAR? A friend has the HBC200 and seems to like it a lot. Mic.s are built into the speakers, he says.

Ridlikhel - There is model that comes with a small wired microphone that is great for full face helmets. You want Part # SMH10-11 (or the Part # SMH10D-11 if you want a 2 pack of them). That model comes with a detachable boom or a small wired mic that is not on a boom, but can be velcroed (is that a word?) to the chin piece of a full face. I have one and it works great. Here is a photo from the Sena web site. The small microphone between the boom and the main unit is the microphone for full face helmets.

Attachment 9499

Quote Originally Posted by Ridlikhel View Post
    Does the SMH-10 have to be used with a Boom, because I use a full face and would hate to have to jam that boom in and out all the time???

Any of you using the UCLEAR? A friend has the HBC200 and seems to like it a lot. Mic.s are built into the speakers, he says.
    Rid, I've had the SMH-10 for the last couple of years and love it...sound quality and performance is awesome. Sena is constantly upgrading the firmware for the devices so it doesn't become obsolete as new Bluetooth technology is introduced. There is a new model Sena just came out with...the 20s...I've heard positive comments on that as well...but if you are simply looking to communicate up to four riders and listen to your music/navigation...then the SMH10 in my opinion is the best bang for the buck.

To improve on the audio quality and increase the bass of my speakers, I swapped out the sena speakers for the high-fidelity J&M speakers...MUCH better!!!

As for the UCLEAR...if I were you...I wouldn't go that route. I myself have never tried the UCLEAR, but I have a buddy that purchased a set for him and his wife. Wife and him got really frustrated with the system...wife almost took it off her helmet and chucked it because she couldn't communicate with him. I recommended the Sena SMH10 to them, he purchased it a set within minutes on Amazon, and has been super happy with them since. Wife enjoys it too and has not had one complaint about the Sena.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've used Bluetooth systems for 5 years. I had the Scala G9 set but have since upgraded to the SENA 20S set. The SENA is a far superior system in my opinion to the Scala system. The volume and clarity of communication is truly amazing with SENA. They have the best noise cancelling system I've seen. At 70 mph, the communication is clear with great volume. I've not used phone linking, music or GPS. Over time I will try these features. I bought a complete set on Amazon and had them in a couple days. Can't say enough about the quality. The 1.2 mile communication distance is line of sight. With that said, these cover a great distance.

You might look at the Cardo Scala Packtalk Duo, has both a boom and button mic in the kit, very crisp and clear sound. I use them with OSHA-rated foam earbuds, cuts out a lot of road noise and buffeting. I introduced them at work for our respirator helmets and they worked so well the company ended up buying 70 pairs for the electricians and mechanics.

I love my Sena SMH10!!! (I have connections for 4 helmets / you can get inexpensive)

For those of you that had the SMH10 and now have the newer Sens versions are they better? better sound etc...
    I mainly use mine for stereo and GPS from the Android phone. I do not make phone calls or talk to other riders.
    I would like to start using the phone / do you make calls with the voice activated dialing?

Sorry to steal the thread but I thought these questions would help the original poster also.
    Steve

Went from the Scala G4 to the Sena 20s. Noticeable increase in quality of sound with the Sena. My wife's helmet has the boom mic but I opted to install the included wired mic. Attached with Velcro to chin guard of my full face helmet.
    Use mainly for bike to bike, but have made bluetooth calls with it. Asked the caller if it sounded funny or garbled, they said that they couldn't tell I was doing 50mph on a motorcycle. Sounded like I was on a landline to them.

Not good when we try to conference one of the Scala G4's. Intermittent 3 way conversations at best. I think it has to do with the different versions of bluetooth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am using scala G9x, easily connects with my i phone and other g9x on intercom. good product.