Just wanted to share a couple of pic's and a few remarks/comments about our jaunt to Antigua last week. Went to Galley Bay for seven days. Absolute heaven No children allowed, no thumping, constant music, no riff-raff, etc. Very mature crowd, lot's of Brit's, Italians, and Americans.

The ocean was about 150 feet away from the rear of our room. You could hear the surf at night... we spent a lot of time just relaxing and drinking, sunning and wading out into that beautiful water.

Beaches were never crowded; actually devoid of people most of the time. Like we had a very exclusive private beach... though all beaches are open to the public in Antigua.

They do have a dress code for the evening dinners... have to at least have a collared shirt and long pants and shoes. Lightweight linen fit that perfectly for the ambient temperature there. Private tables under a cabana near the beach... very romantic and serene.

The food served in the three restaurants onsite was well above 5 star rating. Works of art on the plate, as each portion of the meal was served. Was guilty in putting a fork into some of them... and I actually consumed things that I normally did not like (such as okra, spinach, etc) only because of the way they had prepared it. Just fabulous how they took normal foods and ingredients and morphed them into absolutely delicious dishes. Seriously I do not think you can find a restaurant in New York that can beat these chef's at Galley Bay.

We are going back next year. For 10 days this time, instead of 7 days. Vacations like this were previously unknown to me and my wife, it was something that you read about and said; "nah... that can't be true... it's just marketing"...

Right view of beach:

Left view of beach:

Center view of surf:

Rear view of our Vaca Casa:

More pic's:

My wife has other pic's of the lagoon and pools behinds the beach side rooms, as well as the restaurants and gardens, Teepee bar and such... will try to get a hold of those as well and get them posted.

Do yourselves a favor, spend a little coin and check it out.... and go there. Beats the chit out of the godawful Maryland Bethany Beach scenes.... masses of drunken, unwashed Walmart type humanoid masses clamoring for a bit of sun and sand...