Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
Steve,

I carry Corbon's 185gn +P. While I still own 1911's, I switched my carry gun to a SpringField Armory XD45 which eats every thing and every weight bullet I have tried without needing to change springs. Your 1911's spring is tuned not just for the bullet weight, but the powder charge as well. Wadcutters tend to use lighter loads. You will just have to experiment. If you use that gun as a target gun with light loads, you might be better served with a second gun for self-defense ammo so you don't need to worry about cycling changes with different ammo. The most important feature in a carry gun is that it goes bang every time.
I've got the XDM in .45. Love it. My match toy.
The Caspian is tuned completely to wad cutter loads by the USMC Pistol Team pistol-smith. I've never carried it and never will. The 1" extended Bomar front site doesn't do well in a holster.
I was just wondering if a weapon tuned for 230gr ball ammo is truly happy with lighter loads. Both wt and powder.

For EDC, I use a Glock 30SF. Like the Springfield, it eats everything I've put in it. Currently got a Black Hills product in the magazines.
Cheers,
Steve