Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
I bet you a dollar to a doughnut that the trim panel piece is still not fully seated. You have a slight gap somewhere that is reverberating with the deep base........

Yes, I knew it was vibrational...but no, trim panel seating was the first thing that I checked.

I have gotten rid of the buzz, though.

There is a lip that runs between the clip sockets on the shelter...the outside rim of the panel seats against it. The GTO's (or at least my GTO's) came with several lengths of narrow adhesive padding. They don't really say in much detail what they expect you to do with it....I suspect it is for use should you mount with the metal mounting rings that also come in the box.

Although I have reason to feel that the problem was not there, I still decided to cut that padding to length and run it along the upper sections of the lip so that the panel seats against the padding instead of directly on the lip. This stops any vibration that might have been occurring between the panel and the lip AND keeps a certain minor amount of tension between the clips themselves and the sockets.

In addition, I found that the screws with which the metal speaker grilles are mounted to the panel (there are three mounting screws per grille) were all slightly loose. Not much...but when you put a screwdriver to them, each one turned about a half to three quarters of a turn before seating fully.

Between those two actions....my buzz has disappeared. (...at least for now)

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
.....Someone had suggested that "nibblers" would be perfect for this type of trimming.......

Actually, I should think that nibblers alone for that much removal of material would take forever. Nibblers would be great, however, for fine tuning your cuts after trimming the majority of it with snips. I couldn't find my yellow aviation snips (the colours do have meaning...they're not just decorated that way) and had to go buy a new set. While I was there, I tried to find a set of nibblers...but couldn't even find anyone that knew what I was talking about. So, I eventually gave up and just used the snips alone. Damned ugly job of it when I finished, but......who's going to see?

.....sT