Quote Originally Posted by NCF6B View Post
Just traded my fully loaded 06 wing for a standard F6B. The wing was just becoming a weight management issue taking the fun out of riding. The bagger just seems lighter and easier to manage. Going to miss all of the things like heat, reverse and CB. Time will tell if it's the right decision. Any thought appreciated! NCF6B
Like you I bought the Basic F6B. Before taking delivery I had the dealer install the taller OEM windshield and passenger back rest. Once in my hands I started to equip the 6 to my liking with both "home brewed" and "aftermarket" accessories. First up was the center stand (e-bay), Go Cruise Throttle Lock, Grip Puppies, Kury Highway Pegs, Cruiser Bag (re-used), Luggage Rack (Home Brewed) and a extra GL1800 Rear Wheel with General G-Max Car Tire. In retrospect, I have no regrets in my decision to upgrade from my previous Yamaha RSTD (a great bike in its own way) to the F6B. Both bikes were identical in weight but the 6 carves corners like a sport bike due to its low CG.

As you have the Basic I would highly suggest one of the first items to acquire is the center stand. It makes oil changes a snap and its great when performing mods to the bike when its in a true vertical position. Next would be the tall OEM windshield with vent. I've. had several occasions to use it on 90+ degree days and it provides some great air flow to the face and chest. Grip Puppies and Go-Cruise would be next. After that who knows but you

Congratulations on your new bike and enjoy!

Bob