Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
My pet peeve is dealer fees.
Here in Fl. I've seen hidden dealer mark ups between $1,000.00 & $2,000.00 bucks. The Fl. M/C dealers I've tried to do business with will not tell you about their fees unless you ask. The Indian dealer in Ocala, Fl. is right at $2k. Honda dealer in Eustis, Fl. is over $1k, I understand HD dealers are higher. The Fl. dealers I've tried to deal w/ refuse to give a "out the door price" (OTD) on a "dealer invoice w/ their letterhead" Instead they give you something on a business card or a piece of scrap paper they have layin' around, which means nothing when it's time to close. =
I brought my 2016 Indian Chief Vintage in NC, dealer doc fee $368.00, at a nice discount, driving less than 900 miles round trip. Trip cost was less than $400 bucks, inc. food, gas & 1 night in motel. Net savings, little over $4k.
My point, get a OTD price, check your contract over, ask questions, before signing. Remember, that's not the last one made, they're building thousands of "your dream bike" every week......... okay, okay, I'll get off my soap box....................... damn dealer fees!.........sorry, I'm really done.
The dealer fees are what makes shopping around for bikes difficult. I beginning to believe that it is all part of this shell game that the dealers are playing. Seems a bit unethical to offer a advertised price for something then tack on the $2K premium once your start negotiating.

Thanks for the heads-up, I will definitely open up the negotiation with the understanding that we are talking OTD prices and they should include their profit in the negotiated numbers.