Reasonable Offer for new F6B/Deluxe - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Reasonable Offer for new F6B/Deluxe

I certainly don't claim to be an Ebay Pro, but Jim is right in that the original listing had a $10,200 Buy It Now or Best Offer. That would typically indicate the seller will take $10,200 right now to end the auction. It just seems strange that the seller raised the price, but maybe they're playing games trying to get as much as they can. Either way, that type of selling manipulation would deter me as a buyer and I would be skeptical. At the end of the day it's only going to bring what someone is willing to pay. $11k or even $11.5k would be a steal on that bike with only 4400 miles and aftermarket cruise control installed. Got this one saved to my watch list and anxious to see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    I am halfway thinking about trading my black one in for a new, white one. This is just a wee thought going through my head. I am not too serious. You should look at $15k to 16k, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

2017 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGen View Post
    Yes, I know Honda is offering the $2500 in bonus bucks on '15 and prior Goldwings and F6Bs. You are correct also in that you have to pay sales tax on that $2500 also. In my situation, the dealer was upfront and disclosed that he was utilizing those funds to make me the best deal. The way he wrote my deal up though helped because I didn't have to pay tax on the bonus bucks. I feel that I got a good, not great deal on my bike. He also only charged me $535 for the backrest, heated grips, centerstand, and installation.

That's not cool that your dealer didn't disclose the bonus bucks but at least it sounds like they included them to get you a better price on the bike? These bikes certainly aren't investments as we all know they plummet in value the minute you sign the paperwork. I bought mine because it's a hell of a bike that was discontinued in '17 and it fits my Sport touring needs perfectly.
    Our bikes continue to be sold in Canada and Australia into the next model year. The US Honda site doesn't list the F6B for 2017 yet, just the 2015 and 2016 models. That may be the last of them as the 'wing is supposed to change up a bunch for 2018.
    http://motorcycle.honda.ca/model/touring/gold_wing_F6B

Sounds like you got a great deal!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B