I am not too surprised. Motorcycling is a niche market in the States, we have far more cars than motorcycles on the road, and will probably remain that way for may years to come. Other countries are different, but they don't go for the "Big Twin" bikes as much. For example, look at South Korea. Most of the bikes sold there are smaller displacement, and they use them for EVERYTHING. The new H-D Street 500 and 750 was built for the India market, and was not intended for sale in America until public interest came in. (As an aside, if my Shadow 750 had a 6th gear, it would be just fine for highway miles, but I digress)

For one parent company (Polaris) to try to run two brands that compete against each other (Victory and Indian) is an almost sure guarantee that one will come out the loser. While Victory had a good run, they never really matched up to Harley Davidson in the fit and finish department, and Indian has that name-brand recognition that Victory really cannot match, especially with all the work that Polaris put into getting the bikes done up right, and in comparison to the last few times that the brand has been resurrected the new Indians are miles ahead.

Hopefully, Polaris will commit to the Indian brand so that it will not fade away...again.