The center stand is a very useful item. The rear tire is way down under the bags. It's reall nice not haveing to chase the bike around the garage to find the valve stem. On the center stand the front tire is off weighted enough you can rotate the tire to find the valve stem. The center stand is also of use when changing tires. Jack under the engine to pull the front tire. Changing the rear it can be used 2 ways. I For pulling the tire the way the owners manual shows. 2 it gets the tire off the ground when you use the " lay it over on its right side" method. The passenger back rest I use as a pack cock when carrying my at- Bag. Gives me a extra bungy spot. Heated grips are a god send. Living in Minnesota I have departed home with the grip heaters AND the Gerbing gloves and jackit linner on. Now you really have to learn the timing of the self canceling blinkers. For me self canceling blinkers were a no brainer. On my Valk I had added a "Blinker Buddy" because I would forget to cancel them more than I care to admit. We all know that a blinker on sets us up for others to turn or pull out infont of us.