Body armor - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Body armor

http://www.aerostich.com/suits/one-p...iece-suit.html

This suit is very comfortable wear regular clothing under it, and it zips off very easy.

Ryder clips

Quote Originally Posted by DTOM View Post
    Hey Seadog,
    How are those Duluth jeans on length? I know they sell long shirts to cover plumbers crack, but I'd love to find some comfortable, protective jeans that will stay down around my ankles (or just above) while in riding position. I wear mid-shin boots and I'm still having any pair of jeans I wear ride past the top of the boot. I'm not much for cold wind up my pant leg. Anyone else found a jean long enough that they like? I really don't want to have to break out my wifes' knee high bitch boots!
    Hey DTOM. You ever tried anything like these. I've heard they work well. http://www.ryderclips.com/buy-biker-...ryderclips.php

Duluth Fire Hose are very durable. Got a couple pairs myself. Also, a Duluth outlet store about 40 miles from my home. However, as tuff as they are, they don't have any armor in the knees, hips, or tailbone areas, and bones still break under hard impacts, even when the pants don't tear. I prefer "real" armored riding gear, that won't tear and gives approved armor for impact.

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Length is to be added to.

Quote Originally Posted by DTOM View Post
    Hey Seadog,
    How are those Duluth jeans on length? I know they sell long shirts to cover plumbers crack, but I'd love to find some comfortable, protective jeans that will stay down around my ankles (or just above) while in riding position. I wear mid-shin boots and I'm still having any pair of jeans I wear ride past the top of the boot. I'm not much for cold wind up my pant leg. Anyone else found a jean long enough that they like? I really don't want to have to break out my wifes' knee high bitch boots!
    I purchased a jean with an extra 2 inches figuring on being in the seated position so normally I take a 32 length but purchased a 34 length jean and that works quite well. One more thing I forgot to mention, those large bugs that get past the fairing don't hurt as much when they hit your legs with these Duluth trading fire hose jeans on. You would think being as heavy as they are they would be uncomfortable but was pleasantly surprise at how nice and comfortable they are. Well worth the money spent and quite a savings over motorcycle gear protective pants.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I purchased a jean with an extra 2 inches figuring on being in the seated position so normally I take a 32 length but purchased a 34 length jean and that works quite well. One more thing I forgot to mention, those large bugs that get past the fairing don't hurt as much when they hit your legs with these Duluth trading fire hose jeans on. You would think being as heavy as they are they would be uncomfortable but was pleasantly surprise at how nice and comfortable they are. Well worth the money spent and quite a savings over motorcycle gear protective pants.
    I did the same thing...ordered 2" more length. Works great.
    And yes, they breath VERY well. I was surprised also. I've a black pair and tan pair.
    I find I use the tan pair when the sun is shining.
    Black pair is for colder days and overcast days.
    They are somewhat stain/water resistant too so those few drops that get past the Madstad or the fairing just run off.
    Yes, they have no reinforced armor at the hip and knee - so a direct hit would suck.
    But they are much more comfortable then 501s - especially in the crotch area as the legs are spread at an angle not "normal" to most jean fitments. The Duluth pants just fit better whilst in the saddle.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Yeah I bought a pair that was a little bigger in the waist to get some extra length and for comfort, but Bilt didn't have options for a longer jean in a particular waist size. I'm guessing Duluth and some other brands have more options. I'll check them out. Appreciate the feedback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the Bohn pants and I like them a lot. Have had them for over 6 years and still fine. Tried different brands of motorcycle pants with the armor but just could not get comfortable with the armor. I still wear them but without the armor only for the friction protection. The Bohns help with the impact protection. The Bohns are super comfortable and dont get hot under regular jeans or motorcycle jeans/pants.

I have to get the bohn bottoms to go under the draggin jeans I ordered. Not sure about the top but would save me some trouble cause I'm thinking about ordering armor for an old but awsome harley textile jacket that has no armor. I use this particular jacket for cool and cold weather. Its crazy warm. I would have to install some pockets to hold it which will be pain in my but. Considering I don't even know how to sow.
    I use a mesh looking scorpion jacket for warm and hot days and that has some armor,probably not great but it's there.

Bohn Adventure pants! Works for me! What I like most...I'm protected but nobody else knows it.
    Ken (Hornblower)