Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
Thanks, bstroh59! You're right, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the total number of DS riders is easily double the number on the roster.

The Michelin Alpin is the other tire I seriously considered before I ordered the Kumho. Since you've run both, how would you compare the two? I assume, since you mentioned you would buy the Alpin again, that you prefer that tire. How about a quick comparison? Also, what air pressure are you running? Thanks!
I actually like the Alpin best. This tire does have more of a "rounded edge" then the Kumho, and seems to corner closer to a MC tire. In fact, when I transferred it from my old Wing at the dealership, the mechanic took it the long way around the shop with some corners. He even commented how much better this one felt, compared to some others he had experienced. If you really wonder how it corners, I'll show you how ground my highway pegs are. I don't have any problems taking corners however hard I like too.

I run this one at 36 lbs. cold. I'd like to run it lower, but at least when it gets warmed up, the TPMS will quit flashing. Wear is still looking pretty even, but I haven't gotten a depth gauge to be specific. Overall, this one is wearing better then the Kumho since I have about the same mileage as my best on the Kumho and I still have plenty of tread. I do run the dyna beads. I like the idea of having the tire always balanced.

You won't be disappointed. Just run the Kumho and try something different.