Has anyone seen or used this camera - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone seen or used this camera

This is time consuming!

Looking for a Camera, I didn't realize how many good small camera's there were out there for sale, in various price ranges and they all seem to have a lot of good features and a lot of bad features, so you have to go thru each one step by step to get the one with the most good qualities. I spent most of the afternoon on the features of just 2 small camera's and it would like to drive you to drink, well it did, I stopped for a beer later this afternoon. Just unbelievable how much technology each one has stored in its programing. I'm just about ready to buy one and let the chips fall where they may instead of going thru their programing and scrambling my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Looking for a Camera, I didn't realize how many good small camera's there were out there for sale, in various price ranges and they all seem to have a lot of good features and a lot of bad features, so you have to go thru each one step by step to get the one with the most good qualities. I spent most of the afternoon on the features of just 2 small camera's and it would like to drive you to drink, well it did, I stopped for a beer later this afternoon. Just unbelievable how much technology each one has stored in its programing. I'm just about ready to buy one and let the chips fall where they may instead of going thru their programing and scrambling my brain.
    "KISS" principal is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    "KISS" principal is your friend.
    Yeah, while the Contour has some better features how do you know it's actually recording? Also, there will be no usable audio to record on the outside of your helmet.
    The Sena has one switch that you will KNOW is in the record position. Audio prompts and a helmet mounted mic make it a winner.
    My only complaint about all of these cameras is not being able to charge while recording. On an all-day ride you might see enough to wear out the battery halfway through the day.

Seadog, please let us know what you wind up with and what you think of it.

Recording time is the Key

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    Yeah, while the Contour has some better features how do you know it's actually recording? Also, there will be no usable audio to record on the outside of your helmet.
    The Sena has one switch that you will KNOW is in the record position. Audio prompts and a helmet mounted mic make it a winner.
    My only complaint about all of these cameras is not being able to charge while recording. On an all-day ride you might see enough to wear out the battery halfway through the day.

Seadog, please let us know what you wind up with and what you think of it.
    Most of the small cameras only have at the most 2 and 3/4 hours on the lowest possible setting and on the high 1080 setting most are only good for an hour. So that really puts a crimp in an all day ride. You are just using it intermittently or you will run out of battery. Its a shame not one of those companies has thought of a way to incorporate a good charging system that can be plugged in while recording. That would make it the one to buy for sure.