Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
Sounds more and more like I'm going to need to pop for the TBR exhaust.

Initially it was raved about how much better the 2015-2016 exhaust sounded.. more warble and a little more guttural... I agreed but... but after running it for awhile we are all recognizing the drone.
I wouldn't say "...we are all recognizing the drone."
I swapped the chromies on my '14 for a set of black from a '15 and I couldn't be happier. I love the difference in the sound... more guttural as you say. And I experience no drone at all.

However, I did briefly encounter the drone with the chromies and a different windshield!
I firmly believe the drone is rooted squarely in the acoustic harmonics created by the variances of the pipes, the windshield height and material and the rider position. I suspect that a different rider, on the same bike that another claims has the drone, may not experience it. Just my hunch.

Anyway, I won't go back to the chrome pipes.

And to the OP I would say... the chrome pipes are quieter than the black, but not by much, especially at speed. It's not like the difference you hear between pipes of two different mfgs. The real difference is the richer tone of the black. And I haven't seen a good explanation for that.

Ride safe, amigo!