Here is a question for all of you - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here is a question for all of you

Still married for 30 years!!! I am in love and think I would not be the alive without her.

There is "heart-based" love and "brain-based" love.

My first true love (heart-based) broke my heart approximately nine years ago when she told me she didn't love me anymore. Other than putting down my beloved Jack Russell Terrier at age 16, it was the most heart-wrenching experience in my life.

Four years ago, I married a woman who was not a "true love" from a purely emotional standpoint, but one who is a great partner, supportive, and someone I look forward to spending time with. I made a "brain-based" decision to marry her. I was 37 years old at the time and finally mature enough to realize what matters most...because after the sex and lust become less frequent, you better have something else to hang your hat on...so to speak.

Four years into this marriage, I am a far better man than I thought I ever could become....and I love this woman in a deeper way than I never knew existed.

The key, if anyone was to ask...find someone that you can be yourself with and not be made to feel uncomfortable at any time for doing just that.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Married my high school "sweetheart" at 19, she was almost 18, had two kids and thought things were going pretty well...WRONG!!!..She filed for divorce after 4 years as she was sleeping with the guy I rode to work with and told me she fell out of love with me...She got the farm and I got the shaft!!!..Colorado laws in 1963 "sucked"....Anyhow got married again at 26 to the greatest woman in the world and now almost 51 years later, 5 kids, 16 grandkids, we still are together and love each other very much!!! Our deep seated faith in the Lord has played a major role in our lives and we are very grateful and happy....Regards and ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Married my high school "sweetheart" at 19, she was almost 18, had two kids and thought things were going pretty well...WRONG!!!..She filed for divorce after 4 years as she was sleeping with the guy I rode to work with and told me she fell out of love with me...She got the farm and I got the shaft!!!..Colorado laws in 1963 "sucked"....Anyhow got married again at 26 to the greatest woman in the world and now almost 51 years later, 5 kids, 16 grandkids, we still are together and love each other very much!!! Our deep seated faith in the Lord has played a major role in our lives and we are very grateful and happy....Regards and ride safe
    Very true--- Ecclesiastes 4:12
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Very true--- Ecclesiastes 4:12
    Funny thing I have noticed now that Iam 70.
    The stongestcouples that I know have faith in what ever
    religion they happen to be.
    It took me a long time to start to belive in something myself and start
    to give back.
    It has helped me get through a world of loss and get over a lot of rage.
    Oh, and the wife Ihave now is my lastbecause she said she would kill me if
    I asked for a deviorce ˆnice spelling*
    So to stay alive I willkeep this one.
    Thank you Lord!

Been with the same lady for over 33 years. How she ever chose to stay with me all this time, I will never know.

June 11th will mark 40 years with my wonderful wife. We have been through a lot including ups and downs but With the help of the Lord we have gotten through it all. I heard a friend of mine say that there is not a mean bone in her body. He is right. Plus any woman that will put up with a husband owning/restoring 435 vehicles including 122 bikes over the years is a saint. We joke that we are getting older, fatter, and falling apart together. Every day is a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    By the look of your travel map I'm guessing one ex wife lives in Idaho and the other Hawaii.
    That's funny, but no both live in Florida.

I didn't know what happiness was until I got married.....then I wanted it back.