Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
As far as the suspension with and without the Russell the shock when hitting a pothole was definitely noticeable as, I guess, being the hind quarters are spread out over a larger, more contoured area as I find myself not bracing as much when hitting one. As far as wind turbulence I have the Baggershield with the adjustable MRA XCREEN so it wasn't that much of an issue, however, after putting on the Russell I did not have to readjust the XCREEN due to increased wind turbulence.

The riding position is inclined in a "pocket", very comfortable, but you have to get used to the idea when coming to a stop of moving forward to flat foot. I am 5'11" with a 32" inseam. Unless you have circus long legs this will be the only way to do it. I purchased the all vinyl with the rain cover as the stitching is the weak link for water penetration. Even though I only ordered the single, driver seat w/backrest and they did slightly beef up and redesign the passenger seat, very generous move.

The overall experience is after 40 years of riding and owning Mustang, Saddlemen and other after market seats there is nothing that comes close to the comfort, sitting position and overall money spent/satisfaction ratio than this seat. It is the first time I wish I had a larger gas tank so I wouldn't have to stop where with all others, including stock, I couldn't wait to get off and give myself relief and a stretch. It isn't any wonder why the Iron Butt guys swear by them.

I did a short video on mine:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hjcwAXq3Uq8
I had already seen your video (s) and I liked them! You should keep those coming.

I noticed that you had the mini boards with comfort drop down mounts. Now that you have the taller Russell, have you noticed the pegs feeling too far away? Also, did you ever find a way to adapt the shifter so you can move the left board to its forward most position?

Jason