Look at this little baby - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look at this little baby

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Really? You don't believe in companies making business decisions? I hope you don't have any money in the stock market, because that happens every day.
    I don't like the way they killed the Victory line. Moreso on a personal experienced level... the Victory Vision that I used to own, developed a front drive sprocket seal leak, local Stealership charged me over $500.00 for the repair (they said Polaris decided that it wasn't a warranty repair) and it started leaking again several months later. Along with a popping exhaust that they didn't reassemble correctly = exhaust leaks.

Though through some obscure divine act of intervention... I decided to trade it in for my F6B... prior to Polaris dealing the death blow to that line of motorcycles.

So yea... just my humble opinion. Really.

Polaris =

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I don't like the way they killed the Victory line. Moreso on a personal experienced level... the Victory Vision that I used to own, developed a front drive sprocket seal leak, local Stealership charged me over $500.00 for the repair (they said Polaris decided that it wasn't a warranty repair) and it started leaking again several months later. Along with a popping exhaust that they didn't reassemble correctly = exhaust leaks.

Though through some obscure divine act of intervention... I decided to trade it in for my F6B... prior to Polaris dealing the death blow to that line of motorcycles.

So yea... just my humble opinion. Really.

Polaris =
    Well, you made the right choice to go to a F6B. Why anyone would buy a Victory Vision in the first place is another matter. My best bud is a director for Polaris, so when I venture back north for a visit, he'll grab a bike from rolling stock, and we'll ride. The attached is from 2008, and shows two Visions from the first model year. How anyone looked at the front end of one of those and didn't ask why Polaris built a bike to honor Bozo the Clown is beyond me.

As far as killing the Victory line, businesses make business decisions. And that was a business decision that was at least a year or two coming. One company carrying two very similar lines, in a time of declining bikes sales, is just silly. I understand why people elevate certain products to a more personal thing, but in the end, they aren't; it's a product. IMO, the Indian line is a much better product than Victory. I'm not a V-Twin guy, but if I was, I would have never bought a Victory, they weren't fun to ride, at least for me.

If anyone reading this has a Slingshot, don't take it personally when that horrible product line is shut down; it won't be long.

I aways thought the Victory was what happened when Arlen Ness and Picasso got together and smoked some weed....

Being a previous owner of two Victory's I had no issues with my 08 Kingpin Tour or my 2011 Vision...The Vision was one of the nicest bikes on long rides I have ever owned..Better than the Wing in many ways for me...I am not a die-hard fan of Polaris and they have been known to really hassle warranty claims on bikes...I would definitely consider the Indian if I were going back to a V-twin motor, but for now there is nothing out there to compare with my F6B...Only reason I traded the Vision was I felt it was too heavy for me these days and the Honda was lighter and easier to handle at lower speeds....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Well, you made the right choice to go to a F6B. Why anyone would buy a Victory Vision in the first place is another matter. My best bud is a director for Polaris, so when I venture back north for a visit, he'll grab a bike from rolling stock, and we'll ride. The attached is from 2008, and shows two Visions from the first model year. How anyone looked at the front end of one of those and didn't ask why Polaris built a bike to honor Bozo the Clown is beyond me.
    I've actually have been attracted to ugly motorcycles.. err unusual motorcycles. I fell in love with my past Weestrom (DL650), then I lusted for and cheated on it for a Triumph Rocket 3. The Victory Vision came along very soon after that... I was attracted to its unusual spaceship style. A most comfortable bike for the long haul... best bike I have ever ridden for long stretches. I put a lot of money into it with upgrades (as I have always done with all of my bikes... a malady I think we all suffer from btw) and it was a distasteful day (many reasons) for me when I ultimately traded it back in for my current F6B.

I agree with you that Polaris will kill the Slingshot line... and I am sure that their sales will start to suffer with the Indian... due to the high price that the demand for them. Indian parallels Harley Davidson IMHO and those are seemingly the two choices avail to us now regarding manufactured domestic Vtwins

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I've actually have been attracted to ugly motorcycles.. err unusual motorcycles. I fell in love with my past Weestrom (DL650), then I lusted for and cheated on it for a Triumph Rocket 3. The Victory Vision came along very soon after that... I was attracted to its unusual spaceship style. A most comfortable bike for the long haul... best bike I have ever ridden for long stretches. I put a lot of money into it with upgrades (as I have always done with all of my bikes... a malady I think we all suffer from btw) and it was a distasteful day (many reasons) for me when I ultimately traded it back in for my current F6B.

I agree with you that Polaris will kill the Slingshot line... and I am sure that their sales will start to suffer with the Indian... due to the high price that the demand for them. Indian parallels Harley Davidson IMHO and those are seemingly the two choices avail to us now regarding manufactured domestic Vtwins
    Yep. The best thing Polaris could do right now is fire the CEO. He has made more than a few missteps, (Slingshot, GEM come to mind), and I guess is a real dick to work with. The Indians are high priced, but the thought has always been that stealing even a small fraction of the Harley market is still a good chunk of business. We shall see...

I sat on one this afternoon and was blown away at how heavy it felt. The c of g is so friggin high I could barely get it off the side stand. I admit I am a short ass, but I found it ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I aways thought the Victory was what happened when Arlen Ness and Picasso got together and smoked some weed....
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Victory always made a great product, but when they killed it, that was it for me, sold my Victory and got an F6B, and never looked back.